PDA

View Full Version : Vintage "Indy" Cars at the Mile

RTKar
06-23-04, 09:34 PM
Saturday and Sunday July 10th & 11th at Milwaukee Mile, there will be a showing of "vintage Indy Champ Cars & Roadsters" most notably are the old Millers. The event is sponsored by The Harry A. Miller Club Inc. Gates open at 8am, track time is 10am - 4pm Saturday and 10am to 3pm Sunday. Spectator admission is $25 for a weekend pit pass, kids 16 & under are $5. (262) 253-2661

Railbird
06-23-04, 09:48 PM
For anyone into this sort of thing this meet is a "must see" event. I attended it a couple years ago and might give it another shot this year.

Your $25 gets you right down in the pits to check out cars from the sixties to the teens. They work on them, fire em up and take them out on the Mile. Some with quite a bit of exuberance.

very cool deal

pchall
06-23-04, 10:19 PM
Checking out the Millers at the Mile was one of the highlights of my brief stint in WI. Get there if you can.

Ziggy
06-23-04, 10:28 PM
I had planned to go with 'bird. Will be in South Carolina on vacation the week leading up to that weekend

Sorry Railbird. If we live another year, maybe then I can go with you.......

chop456
06-24-04, 01:17 AM
I'd go, but one more race event this year will most likely get me murdered in my sleep.

Or worse yet, while I'm awake.

BRIC is the weekend after that.

rabbit
06-24-04, 12:33 PM
Aarrgghh! I'll be on vacation too. Sounds like a good time, sort of an American version of the Goodwood Festival. :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
06-24-04, 05:18 PM
They were at MIS the last year CART ran. They ran the old cars on the track which was very cool.

Best though was watching the crew come by late in the day to check out the of STP turbine. They were absolutely fascinated. The Mo Nunn guys and my son really got into it, especially after seeing it run nearly silently at 160 mph