PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Whine

Andrew Longman
06-23-04, 10:30 AM
I loved watching Tracy win the title last year. He's good for the series and his whining is always good for a chuckle and makes the paper.

But this http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/11682/ I think points to another important issue. With teams on different fuel strategies, a "backmarker" allowing a pass may indeed not be trivial. It may be the difference between the strategy working or not.

Maybe that's the reason to absolutely apply the move over flag, so slow and steady strategies requiring yellows won't work. But so long as Champcar requires green flag stops, I understand why the guys in the back would resist letting the leaders by.

Also is calling for some one to be fired worse than calling them a circus clown?

If the fine is more than $10K, then who's really the boss, applesauce?

Old3Fan
06-23-04, 11:36 AM
:thumbup: I think PT is right on. The starter has been awful and Chris Kneifel has made
many terrible IMHO decisions that effected several races. The Blue Flag MUST be obeyed. I think in F1 you get 4 corners to respond. Not quite sure about that but that is what should happen. IMHO if you don't respond to the blue flag by the time you cross the S/F line you should be disqualified immediately and the team heavily fined. Fighting :gomer: for position between 1/2 or 5/6 or 13/14 is OK but fighting for position when you are laps behind :thumdown: CANNOT BE TOLERATED.

dando
06-23-04, 12:39 PM
It's beyond me how Kniefel is still in race control...don't renew the contracts for the docs who have proven to be life savers, but keep that idiot in race control. I just don't get it, but it ain't my $.10. :shakehead

-Kevin

Chiphead_Dave
06-23-04, 02:05 PM
Just on the quality of the starts alone Kniefel should
be axed :shakehead

Bring on standing starts :eek: