PDA

View Full Version : PT's audio feed.

KLang
06-21-04, 09:27 AM
I had PT's audio up on a laptop while watching the race. He spent most of the second half of the race pissing and moaning about being stuck behind Gonzalez or Tag. Got really lippy with the crewman manning the radio as well. Isn't it his responsibility to pass the other car rather then waiting for them to let him by?

Also when they were discussing the timing of their final pit stop, PT was very vocal about the crew making sure he finished ahead of Carpentier. Wonder what's up with that?

Steve99
06-21-04, 11:51 AM
I had PT's radio up too. What a whine-fest. He wasn't even close to the cars he was trying to pass, but spent all his time complaining about CART not showing blue flags.

The cars a lap down should have done a better job of getting out of the way though. According to Race Director commentary, Tag's team told him not to bother getting out of the way, as PT was going to pit "soon". :shakehead

Old3Fan
06-21-04, 12:12 PM
Something has to be done about lapped cars holding up the leaders. As soon as a leader catches up to a backmarker, the flag stand should blue flag the backmarker as he passes the stand and he has just one lap to move over or be black flagged and disqualified on his next pass of the flagstand. Now this would get some attention.

Sean O'Gorman
06-21-04, 12:20 PM
Something has to be done about lapped cars holding up the leaders. As soon as a leader catches up to a backmarker, the flag stand should blue flag the backmarker as he passes the stand and he has just one lap to move over or be black flagged and disqualified on his next pass of the flagstand. Now this would get some attention.

I suppose the drivers could always try attempting a pass on a backmarker. :saywhat:

Fitti Fan
06-21-04, 12:27 PM
I suppose the drivers could always try attempting a pass on a backmarker. :saywhat:

Funny Sean, I was thinking the same thing. BMEP and I were actually talking about the fact that Paul was probably going off on his radio about being behind backmarkers and at the same time not doing too much to pass them. What happened to racing? There are places to pass on every track!

:rolleyes:

JLMannin
06-21-04, 12:33 PM
Tracy spent a year at Newman-Haas with Mansell as his teammate. Mansell put on a clinic in whinning to gets ones way with the officials in 1993-1994. PT must have been paying attention. :D

Sean O'Gorman
06-21-04, 01:02 PM
Tracy spent a year at Newman-Haas with Mansell as his teammate.

He did? :saywhat:

Insomniac
06-21-04, 02:39 PM
The problem is, while there are places to pass, most (if not all) of the places where the front runners are faster there isn't a place to pass. The best places to pass are almost always the end of high speed straights. Doesn't help you much when the backmarkers have the same engine and chassis. They canm put the pedal down just as well as any other driver. The 1-2 secs they lose behind them is almost all on the tight turns and curves so they have no chance to pass.

However, I'd like to see a better effort to pass along with much tougher enforcement of the blue flag. PT was clearly faster by lap times, but he seemed content behind Tag. Stick the nose in there and let the stewards see that you are faster and are trying to get by the backmarker. At the time, technically, Tag was trying not to go a lap down, however pointless that was with the pit stop rules.

JLMannin
06-21-04, 03:14 PM
He did? :saywhat:

OK, so I was off by a year - Tracy was with N/H in 1995, IIRC. Mikey is almost as big a whiner as Mansell.

meadors
06-22-04, 01:17 AM
OK, so I was off by a year - Tracy was with N/H in 1995, IIRC. Mikey is almost as big a whiner as Mansell.

He must have took leasons that year he was Manselll's teammate at N/H
:p :rofl: :laugh: :)

Lizzerd
06-22-04, 01:59 AM
He must have took leasons that year he was Manselll's teammate at N/H
:p :rofl: :laugh: :)

Nigel and PT were never teammates. Nigel left CART after '94, when PT was with Penske.

meadors
06-24-04, 01:14 AM
Nigel and PT were never teammates. Nigel left CART after '94, when PT was with Penske.

I was talking about Michael.

But I was actually trying to be funny 'cause I know Mickey and Nige were never teammates either. I guess a :gomer: might have worked in there. Sorry about the :confused:

Lizzerd
06-24-04, 01:45 AM
I was talking about Michael.

But I was actually trying to be funny 'cause I know Mickey and Nige were never teammates either. I guess a :gomer: might have worked in there. Sorry about the :confused:

I was kinda :confused: too... never mind...