PDA

View Full Version : Schumi blows goats

Cart4Live2003
06-20-04, 01:12 PM
and with the illegal blocking he did of course he will get away with it.. :rolleyes:

oddlycalm
06-20-04, 05:17 PM
Agreed, and I still can't figure out how he got into the lead so soon after making a pit stop under the yellow. I must not have been paying attention...

oc

eiregosod
06-20-04, 07:58 PM
the schumi swerve

nthing has to make sense in F1 as long as its cleard by the boss ;)

Railbird
06-20-04, 08:17 PM
I've come to expect/accept the swerve as a given but I'm gettin' ready to review that tape to try and figure how he came out in front after that first stop. I was scanning the SPEED broadcast and those boys seemed to have the same question.

and of course I have to wonder what kind of "back off" signal they are sending out to Rubino now days that team orders are banned... :rolleyes:

Cam
06-20-04, 09:02 PM
I've come to expect/accept the swerve as a given but I'm gettin' ready to review that tape to try and figure how he came out in front after that first stop. I was scanning the SPEED broadcast and those boys seemed to have the same question.

and of course I have to wonder what kind of "back off" signal they are sending out to Rubino now days that team orders are banned... :rolleyes:

'bird! We wuz there! :shakehead

Railbird
06-20-04, 09:21 PM
I know Cam, believe me I know.

It looked like Rubino took one clean shot at Schumi before they reigned him in. I wonder if something like a $ sign doesn't just pop up on one of his displays when he gets close to herr chin.

After being quicker than Schumi all weekend I don't think there was much question that he got some kind of signal to back off.

Dr. Corkski
06-21-04, 04:15 AM
Scoreboard! :D

Insomniac
06-21-04, 08:27 AM
It didn't seem like his second move was a block on Sato. I thought he was closer to trying a move on RB than Sato was to make one on him. Yoiu always expect the first move from him.

That restart was a bit sketchy. It was almost like Ferrari told them when to accelerate. MS was on RB right on that restart. Either RB needs to learn how to restart or he did a very good job. ;)

indyfan31
06-21-04, 09:24 AM
That restart was a bit sketchy. It was almost like Ferrari told them when to accelerate. MS was on RB right on that restart. Either RB needs to learn how to restart or he did a very good job. ;)

I wondered about that too until I saw the replay. He lost traction right when he punched it, then lost traction again and drifted high as he was going on to the straightaway.

jonovision_man
06-21-04, 09:46 AM
I wondered about that too until I saw the replay. He lost traction right when he punched it, then lost traction again and drifted high as he was going on to the straightaway.

Rubens:

My car was excellent today, but when the Safety Car came in, my tyre pressures were too low and I got wheelspin at the final corner, which is why Michael was able to slipstream me and get past as I could not close the door.

4wheeldrifter
06-21-04, 12:16 PM
Rubens:

My car was excellent today, but when the Safety Car came in, my tyre pressures were too low and I got wheelspin at the final corner, which is why Michael was able to slipstream me and get past as I could not close the door.

Excuse no. 231b. I agree with Railbird,,, probably the ol' $$$ sign on the steering wheel display. Pathetic. :shakehead

Insomniac
06-21-04, 02:49 PM

Ahhh, I didn't notice.

oddlycalm
06-21-04, 07:47 PM
Excuse no. 231b. I agree with Railbird,,, probably the ol' $$$ sign on the steering wheel display. Pathetic. :shakehead

No that was in 2002. Since then the display alternately flashes pictures of a Jordan and a Minardi both with RB painted on the side pod.

oc

Railbird
06-21-04, 08:03 PM
No that was in 2002. Since then the display alternately flashes pictures of a Jordan and a Minardi both with RB painted on the side pod.

Ahhh, that's about it isn't it?

Everyone wants to talk about Rubino rolling over while the fact of the matter is that he's peddling the best car and being paid well to do it.

I doubt that grabbing the Jaguar #1 seat for chump change looks like a good alternative.

TrueBrit
06-21-04, 08:12 PM

Ahhh, that's about it isn't it?

Everyone wants to talk about Rubino rolling over while the fact of the matter is that he's peddling the best car and being paid well to do it.

I doubt that grabbing the Jaguar #1 seat for chump change looks like a good alternative.

True enough, but you'd think that at some point (if you were a racer and not just interested in cashing a paycheck like say, Eddie Irv-Whine) you'd want to, I dunno, WIN A RACE....

Railbird
06-21-04, 08:19 PM
WIN A RACE....

and which ride available to a journeyman like Rubino is capable of that?

Dr. Corkski
06-21-04, 08:22 PM
True enough, but you'd think that at some point (if you were a racer and not just interested in cashing a paycheck like say, Eddie Irv-Whine) you'd want to, I dunno, WIN A RACE....Maybe he should have went off to BAR. :laugh:

TrueBrit
06-21-04, 10:04 PM
WIN A RACE....

and which ride available to a journeyman like Rubino is capable of that?

Well, let's see, Renault, Williams, last year's McLaren.....perhaps this year's BAR...

But you hit the nail on the head..he's a journeyman and purse carrier, nothing more...

racer2c
06-21-04, 10:08 PM
Rubins was 2 full seconds faster than MS but when MS came out of the pits in fron of him, he couldn't catch him. Whatever.

Cam
06-21-04, 10:13 PM
Rubins was 2 full seconds faster than MS but when MS came out of the pits in fron of him, he couldn't catch him. Whatever.

Exactly! :rolleyes:

Ankf00
06-21-04, 10:46 PM
I thought the welsh were the ones who blew barnyard critters :confused:

4wheeldrifter
06-22-04, 07:17 AM
Well, let's see, Renault, Williams, last year's McLaren.....perhaps this year's BAR...

But you hit the nail on the head..he's a journeyman and purse carrier, nothing more...

At this point, I've gotta agree with TB. Rubens little "attempt" late in the race where Shumi slammed the door could have cost them both the race. I think the move was legit but you notice he didn't try it twice (even though he'd been faster all weekend). Could you imagine him taking Shumi out of a race? Probably wake up the next day with a horse head in bed with him. :shakehead

indyfan31
06-22-04, 03:22 PM

Are you and Cam completely igoring the fact that he was light on fuel and Schumacher had just refilled?