PDA

View Full Version : Race Director isnt free anymore....

Rogue Leader
06-18-04, 10:22 PM
I paid my $19.95 today.... worth every penny!

Railbird
06-18-04, 10:33 PM
a deal at twice the price

Ankf00
06-18-04, 10:56 PM
unless you just moved and the dish and dsl guys haven't showed up yet :saywhat:

Sean O'Gorman
06-18-04, 11:46 PM
unless you just moved and the dish and dsl guys haven't showed up yet :saywhat:

Nice excuse, you just spent all your intraweb money on pr0n.

manic mechanic
06-19-04, 01:28 AM
Not a bad deal IF you will be in proximity to use it...I wouldn't agree with the phrasing "at any price"!

LBGP: I was at the track

Dead month... :shakehead

Monterrey: I was home and could have used the T&S. Live video feeds can be hell on a dial-up connection.

Milwaukee: I was in Vegas.

Portland: I will be here watching the SpikeTV telecast.

Cleveland: I may be at a concert that afternoon.

August may be the best month for me to drop the $$ (and get the most out of it).

September: I will be at Laguna Seca, and the TBA doesn't promise me anything (if it turns out to be Vegas, I'll be there too).

October: With Seoul on the schedule (and very little else), money spent here would be like throwing it down a well.

November: A "tba" on the schedule makes it a moot point to spend anything on race director. :shakehead

Pragmatically, I might drop down the $5 for August, but the holes in the schedule (the big 3 assured us they would be filled in by now) make it a stupid move to sink the whole amount when I may not be able to use the service.

Come on, OWRS...Lock down those 3 "TBA" dates and make it worth our while to invest in the package!!

manic

pchall
06-19-04, 08:04 AM
Dropped a $20 on it yesterday. Worth it just to get the commentary and timing during practice and qualifying.

Adder
06-19-04, 08:13 AM
Since your dollar is not worth that much at the moment it only cost me just over £11! Only £1 per race not bad!

XFT
06-19-04, 09:12 AM
Just remember we're helping OWRS ;)

KLang
06-19-04, 09:31 AM
It's worth the 20 bucks for me just to watch and listen to practice and qualifying Friday and Saturday. :thumbup:

KobySon
06-20-04, 04:06 PM
not a bad deal unless you have a mac.

nz_climber
06-20-04, 04:19 PM
Well I think it stinks - I wouldn't mind having to pay if I was able to watch the video and the audio - but cause of the restrictions placed on the internet at work I can't!!

I would like to see the timing and scoring the same as last year FREE and then pay for the rest.

Please bear in mind our exchange rate $40 to watch about 3hours total (cause im at work I can't even watch the entire thing)l of timing and scoring ain't worth it

:shakehead :( :cry:

KLang
06-20-04, 07:58 PM
Today it was worth the price just to listen to PT's audio.

Rogue Leader
06-21-04, 07:11 PM
OF COURSE at exactly 3:59 PM EST my Cable modem takes a dump!!

Violence ensued......

Nosuchsoul
06-21-04, 07:17 PM
Yes, just from the money I have saved downloading p0rn on Kazaa Lite I can buy everyone here an account! But sadly, I have to stop downloading to clear up bandwidth....................................sigh. :gomer:

Wingnut
06-23-04, 06:42 PM
How about the killer combo of *GASP* dial-up and a Mac?! Gaaahhhh! :cry:

Christine

ChampcarShark
06-28-04, 11:46 AM
I am sure it is worth every penny. If you are able to take full advantage of it.

For me, I can not watch practice or qualifying at work because of network restrictions, at home my local phone company is pushing dsl so bad that my dial up connection is kind of slow. (I double checked and it is not my ISP provider's fault).

Last time I tried the trial version of the Race Director I was not able to see any live feed pictures, only some audio with a lot of pauses for buffering.

DSL is not for me since I am only able to use the internet at home for about 20 hours a month. and to pay $40.00 a month for that is not worth it.

I still refuse to break my dial up contract. At $90.00 per year pre-paid I believe it is a bargain. (Note: I have beeing with the same company for more than 5 years already and they honor the renewal of the contract every year with no price hike [even though they do not offer that plan anymore since three years ago])

So I have no option but to pass on that offer.