PDA

View Full Version : Odd....Spike TV (CCWS TV Channel) does a show on the IRL

RaceChic
06-18-04, 04:16 PM
Honda IRL Racing (http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/index.jhtml?seriesID=13505)

When you drive for Honda-powered Indy Racing League teams, you better be ready to accelerate from zero to 100 miles per hour in three seconds. You better be ready to endure G-forces equal to four times the weight of gravity. You better be ready to drive over 220 miles per hour.

You better be ready to win.

Get the latest Honda-powered Indy Racing League stats, race results and highlights from Honda IRL Racing. (http://racing.honda.com/)

Turn7
06-18-04, 04:25 PM
There aren't any times listed. I wonder how this makes ABC feel since the IRL just extended the contract. Maybe that was a consession? Let us "advertise" on another station by time buying a half hour program and we will give you a few more 500's?

Just guessing but, I bet it's fairly close to the mark.

RichK
06-18-04, 04:28 PM
Off on a tangent, but I'm still surprised Honda is in the IRL. It just doesn't fit in any way.

KLang
06-18-04, 04:37 PM
FTG playing with his toy hammer again. :rolleyes:

Turn7
06-18-04, 04:40 PM
Looks like he is letting Honda have a swing because he keeps missing the nail and ends up with sore thumbs. :gomer:

Chaos
06-18-04, 05:31 PM
how ironic is it that the IRL picks a station that is fans claim is not up to par (as a criticism of ChampCar, of course)

Dave99
06-19-04, 12:16 AM
How can we miss anyone over in the IRL if they won't go away?

Brickman
06-19-04, 01:05 PM
how ironic is it that the IRL picks a station that is fans claim is not up to par (as a criticism of ChampCar, of course)

Only God knows how spike fares with ratings and such. Speed uhhh NASCAR channel would have been a better choice.

KLang
06-19-04, 02:54 PM
Only God knows how spike fares with ratings and such. Speed uhhh NASCAR channel would have been a better choice.

That would depend on what the goal is. If the goal is to go after Champ Car, the program is on the right channel.

Steve99
06-19-04, 03:28 PM
Don't they ever come up with an original idea? They are really proving the term "lemming".

Brickman
06-19-04, 04:57 PM
That would depend on what the goal is. If the goal is to go after Champ Car, the program is on the right channel.

Going after Champ Car by having a show on SpIkE Tv? Show me where CC on Spike has great ratings or is making inroads to open wheel TV ratings I might agree. I do think the HDTV marketing is spot on.

I think the idea of having Haas in Indy Car for his Lola relationship and eliminating any chance of Lola parts, new tubs, etc would be more cloak and dagger and more importantly more believable.

What's next? Hmmm Dangerous Curves... how about The Chevyworth Wives?

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/irl/2004/ind/irl-2004-ind-em-1522.jpg

Dave99
06-19-04, 05:14 PM
Going after Champ Car by having a show on SpIkE Tv? Show me where CC on Spike has great ratings or is making inroads to open wheel TV ratings I might agree.
C'mon Brickman...regardless of Champ Car's ratings don't you find it just a little more than coincidental that out of ALL the channels short of the digital tier, IRL/Honda chose Spike TV for this show? The IRL's infatuation with- dare I say- knocking down Champ Car is pathetic. :mad:

Brickman
06-19-04, 08:13 PM
C'mon Brickman...regardless of Champ Car's ratings don't you find it just a little more than coincidental that out of ALL the channels short of the digital tier, IRL/Honda chose Spike TV for this show? The IRL's infatuation with- dare I say- knocking down Champ Car is pathetic. :mad:

Except for TiVo programmed Champ Car I doubt I even have stopped on the channel while surfing. Have to talk to the Spike programmers. I couldn't subscribe to the "out to get us" theory until I see where they stick the show, yet even then it's a reach. I'm sure PG will give his 2 cents about where they place the show. Off race weekends at 4:00PM? Yes I would say I was wrong, wrong x 2.

Off hand Spike TV doesn't have much of anything worth watching. Complaining about this would be like complaining that Matchbox or Johnny Lightning uses the same body styles for Champ and Indy cars.

Quickly glancing over their TV "Automotive" menu...

Sunday:
Top Dead Center 11:00am
Car and Driver Telvision 11:30
Horse Power TV 12:00 noon
Dangerous Curves 1:30pm
Champ Car Racing 4:00pm

Saturday:
Stock Car racing 9:30am

"Please check local listings for next show time"
Spike 52 Favorite Drivers
Spike 52 Favorite Car
Honda IRL Racing