PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Plans?

Napoleon
06-18-04, 09:07 AM
What is everyones plans for Cleveland? When you getting here? Where are you staying? Would you be up for meeting after the events of the day or at the track.

After getting your responses I may post something in gatherings.

Here is the event schedule.

http://www.grandprixofcleveland.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=56

Railbird
06-18-04, 09:14 AM
I'll be leaving Indy about 6a gct Saturday, should arrive in the muni before warmups. I'm just gonna grab a ticket on arrival either from the office or one of the scalpers.

Stand G or there abouts,

Afterwards I'm up for whatever. Is the Warehouse district the place or the Flats?

Is the Tribe in town that weekend? Stick and ball geeks give me hives.

I'm staying in Strongville

mueber
06-18-04, 09:43 AM
I'll get there around noon on Friday. Staying at the Hampton Inn downtown. Would love a gathering at the track or for dinner or whatever.

CART T. Katz
06-18-04, 10:10 AM
going to leave louisville sometime on friday morning with the same friend i went to mid-o with last year (hope that we aren't the harbingers of the death knell of some tracks).

got a real sweet deal in a strongsville motel 6 for the weekend. that don't suck.

Sean O'Gorman
06-18-04, 12:53 PM
I'll be there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Thursday and Friday I'll probably just go straight from class to the track since I'm already downtown, so I'll be in around 9:30. Don't know how late I'll stay on Thurs since I have a final the next morning.

I don't know what I'll be doing after the day is up, I'm still going to be 20 for a few more weeks, and if our club ever gets pavement again, I'll be autocrossing on Sunday morning.

Sean O'Gorman
06-18-04, 12:54 PM
(hope that we aren't the harbingers of the death knell of some tracks).

Nope, thats my job. The only four CART tracks I've been to are Mid-Ohio (gone), Michigan (gone), Cleveland (almost left, and probably still questionable for the future), and Road America (almost left). :cry: So who wants to pay for me to go to Denver? :D

RTKar
06-18-04, 07:45 PM
Nope, thats my job. The only four CART tracks I've been to are Mid-Ohio (gone), Michigan (gone), Cleveland (almost left, and probably still questionable for the future), and Road America (almost left). :cry: So who wants to pay for me to go to Denver? :D

Better yet, let's take up a collection and start sending you to all the earl races. :p

Sean O'Gorman
06-18-04, 08:03 PM
Better yet, let's take up a collection and start sending you to all the earl races. :p

Well, the only IRL track I've been to is Indy (Pole Day 2000) and that seems to be declining pretty fast, so you may be onto something. Its an ugly job, but someone has to do it!

TKGAngel
06-19-04, 02:15 PM
I'm leaving Buffalo on Friday morning and making the drive down, where I will spend the weekend chaperoning my mother in her quest to get a picture taken with Jimmy.

I may not post often, but it would be nice to put faces to the names. :)

Sean O'Gorman
06-19-04, 03:19 PM
http://www.grandprixofcleveland.com/images/stories/features/Bridgestone_ChampCar_Night.pdf

Anyone going to this? I've got the week off from work so I have nothing better to do, I'll be there if anyone else plans on going.

Andrew Longman
06-23-04, 10:40 AM
I'm not getting in until late Friday night. Staying with my cousin.

I have 2 tickets each for Th and F at Cleveland. If anyone wants them, PM me and I stick them in the mail.

Sean, I too have that magic touch. MIS, Nazareth, E Windsor, Flemington were all regulars for me. All gone from CART, Three closed or set to close and become shopping malls. Toronto, RA and Cleveland (and the Glen) are now on my (hit) list.

rosawendel
06-23-04, 11:07 AM
for the first time, i hadn't renewed my seats. after 13 years, the quest for the top row is over (i got to the second row). not because of any change in feeling for champ car, but, because i recently bought a house, and i have to sell it soon. money's tight, and priorities are shifting (i'm selling it because i'm going to be getting married soon to someone i met right around the time i bought it).

i'm only able to go to thursday and friday this year, so i'm going to do a walk up GA with pit & paddock for thursday & friday (going on a trip with the future mrs. on saturday - it's funny how the priorities change, eh?).

i'll be the tall, lanky goober in the pits with some old 7g tags on, and cameras in hand. also planning on attending the street party wednesday night.

Sean O'Gorman
06-23-04, 02:01 PM
i'll be the tall, lanky goober in the pits with some old 7g tags on, and cameras in hand.

Oh great, how are we going to be able to tell you apart from Rob G? ;)

rabbit
06-24-04, 01:10 PM
I'm arriving Thurs. a.m. and staying over until Sun. a.m. I'm staying in Independence. I'm off from work, so I'm not covering the race. But I will be volunteering in the media center so you'll probably see me buzzing around in a golf cart.

Napoleon
06-24-04, 01:36 PM
http://www.grandprixofcleveland.com/images/stories/features/Bridgestone_ChampCar_Night.pdf

Anyone going to this? I've got the week off from work so I have nothing better to do, I'll be there if anyone else plans on going.

I likely will.

Sean O'Gorman
06-24-04, 01:50 PM
Anyone besides Nap? :rolleyes:

:D

rabbit
06-24-04, 01:54 PM
I have to work late that night, hence the Thur a.m. arrival.

You kids go and have a good time. Just be sure to call if you're not going to be home by midnight.

formulaben
06-24-04, 11:18 PM
I would, but I'm flying in on Friday.

Twisty Bits
06-25-04, 12:07 PM
I'll be there with wifey around noon on Friday. I'll be staying at the Hyatt downtown. Let's start talking about where we're drinking.

RaceGrrl
06-25-04, 12:14 PM
nrc and I won't be there until Saturday. Can't get off work. :cry:

Twisty Bits
06-28-04, 06:38 AM
This just in. Siegleg tells me the Hyatt is CART HQ. I'll bet the bar may be interesting.

tantra
06-28-04, 10:06 PM
Look for me in the paddock when the gates open Thurs. a.m.

Open to the idea of any and all gatherings.

Staying Thurs. and Fri. in Lakewood at the Days Inn.

Napoleon
06-30-04, 11:05 AM
Anyone besides Nap? :rolleyes:

:D

Sorry, can't make it now. Have fun!