PDA

View Full Version : Watching Portland in Cleveland

Napoleon
06-18-04, 08:31 AM
I just got this off of the Cleveland GP website:

CLEVELAND (June 11, 2004) – The U.S. Bank Presents the Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland is inviting race fans to watch the Champ Car Grand Prix of Portland on Sunday, June 20 at Quaker Steak and Lube, located at 5935 Canal Road in Valley View. The pre-race party will begin at 3:00 pm ET. Round 4 of the Champ Car World Series will air on Spike TV starting at 4:00 pm ET.

Quaker Steak and Lube and Labatt Blue will have specials throughout the race and fans can register to win prizes while you Watch and Win with the Grand Prix. Plus race fans will have the opportunity to register to win a ride in the new two-seat Champ Car.

Officials and staff from the U.S. Bank Presents the Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland will also be on-site to talk racing with the open-wheel fans.

"Like all racing fans in Ohio we’re excited to see the Champ Cars on their last stop before coming to Cleveland on Fourth of July weekend," said Grand Prix of Cleveland General Manager Rena Shanaman. "Just last week we were joined by (Toyota Atlantic Championship driver) Danica Patrick in Cleveland and she talked about the knowledge and the passion that the fans throughout Ohio have for Champ Car racing. We want to share that passion with our fans and our Watch and Win parties are a great way for everyone to get together and enjoy some fun and some great racing.”

For more information or to purchase tickets to the U.S. Bank Presents the Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland, July 1-3, log on to the event's official website, www.grandprixofcleveland.com.

Sean O'Gorman
06-18-04, 12:45 PM
I'll pass it along, but I'll be at the Mid-Ohio SVRA race that day. Figures too, since Quaker Steak is only about 15 minutes away from my house.

RaceChic
06-18-04, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this one, Nappy. :D

It's been adequately passed on as per your request. :)

Warlock!
06-23-04, 09:15 PM
Whoa... just saw this Nappy (home internet connect was down... forgot to pay my $107 yearly bill :gomer: ). Had I been anywhere in the area, I'da been all over that!

Did ya go?, If so, how did it turn out?

Warlock!

Napoleon
06-24-04, 08:58 AM
didn't go since I am so far behind in some personal projects (I am adding on to and renovating the house) that I could not afford the time