View Full Version : Speed Freaks to Speed Channel

Brickman
06-17-04, 09:02 PM
SPEED CHANNEL ADDS
HIGH-OCTANE SPEEDFREAKS
TO SUMMER LINEUP

KENNY SARGENT, LUGG NUTTZ, STATT MANN CARUTHERS AND CRASH GLADYS
READY TO BRING RADIO'S 'FREAK NATION' TO TV

Hollywood, CA (June 16, 2004) - SPEED Channel joins the "Freak Nation" in July, creating a television home for the popular nationally syndicated motorsports radio series, SpeedFreaks. Scheduled to debut Monday, July 12 at 8:30 ET, SpeedFreaks' two hour Sunday night radio show will morph into a half-hour, in-your-face summer TV adventure that blends the worlds of motorsports and entertainment.

"This has been a long time coming," said Robert Ecker, SPEED's VP of Programming. "Bringing this radio program to SPEED Channel is the natural progression of its development. With all the stars finally in alignment and the perfect slot on the schedule opening up, there was no longer anything to prohibit us from consummating the marriage."

SpeedFreaks CEO and host Kenny Sargent showed no shame in getting the network's attention.

"I guess me pitching the pup tent outside SPEED big-gunner Jim Liberatore's house 24-7 worked," Sargent said. "That and the Metallica at deafening decibels didn't hurt either. We've rattled the cages for four years as the most popular motorsports radio show in the country and now we get to take the Freak Nation into 66 million more homes. I better prepare SpeedFreaks' lawyers."

Aimed at the 21- to 44-year-old male demographic, SpeedFreaks is the largest motorsports radio show in the country, reaching nearly 40 states as well as parts of Canada. "Our energy coupled with our superstar motorsports and musical guests positions SpeedFreaks ligh tyears above anything else," Sargent added. "Think the Osbornes meet the Earnhardts. Our guests every week come from a broad spectrum of motorsports -- NASCAR to Drifting to Drag Racing to Rally to Sport Compacts to Freestyle Motocross to Open Wheel to Monster Trucks."

SpeedFreaks airs live on the radio Sunday nights from 7 to 9 p.m. PT on the Freak Radio Network. It is 80-plus radio markets including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Orlando, Indianapolis, Boston, Detroit, Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Albuquerque, Charleston, Reno, Bakersfield and more. Additional live coverage can be heard on the Internet at www.SportsByline.com, the Armed Forces Network and on Sirius Satellite's Sports Byline USA stream 122.

SpeedFreaks can also be heard every Saturday live from 3 to 6 p.m. ET on Sirius Satellite's Extreme Sports Action stream 123. The Freak Nation is Powered by:

Budweiser - K & N Filters - Lucas Oil - O'Reilly Auto Parts -
Eastwood Insurance - Toyo Tires - Mac Tools - Mazda - HeadBlade

In 2004, SPEED Channel is the exclusive U.S. cable home for many of the top motor sports series in the world. In addition, SPEED's weekly programming schedule brings car enthusiast television to Prime Time Monday through Thursday. Now available in more the 66 million homes in North America, SPEED Channel is among the fastest growing sports cable networks in the country and the home to NASCAR TV.

==================================

Whew Hoo I'm not in their age demographic! ;)

Mr. Vengeance
06-17-04, 09:08 PM
Well, one more reason to avoid speedchannel. Man, it's going downhill fast.

Cam
06-17-04, 09:27 PM
Maybe spam does work? :saywhat:

Napoleon
06-18-04, 06:44 AM
:rolleyes:

chop456
06-18-04, 06:54 AM
In Your Face Exxxxxtreme TV Action! :D

Great - now the lamest radio show on Earth can be seen in living technicolor.

It would take me approximately 2 seconds to assemble a group of members from this very website that know about a billion times more about racing than those "In Your Face!", backwards-hatted screamers.

I mean, what's better than discussing someone's inability to take a dump in a public toilet with the president of the California Speedway? That's EXXXtreme!

Exxxtremely lame. :rolleyes:

Madmaxfan2
06-18-04, 09:18 AM
Speed has decended into the goober-gomer network of cable tv. Trash motorsports all the time. Speed freaks has to contain the most immature racing "journalists" on the planet. I would rather have Porky Page over these dorks. I wonder why Speed continues to carry F1? It certainly does not fit the demographic they are chasing.

Don Quixote
06-18-04, 09:42 AM
memo to Speed: nobody will watch it. :gomer:

Wabbit
06-18-04, 10:36 AM
The censors are going to have a field day with all of the "colorful metaphors" that are used on that show.

Sean O'Gorman
06-18-04, 01:06 PM
The censors are going to have a field day with all of the "colorful metaphors" that are used on that show.

Not if no one is watching!

Chief
06-18-04, 03:59 PM
bitchin' :rolleyes: :thumdown:

redmist
06-18-04, 04:01 PM
well speed channel has officially "jumped the shark" now. hopefully they can augment this with a few more nascar shows too, maybe an hour long show of cup drivers mowing their lawns. that would be great. :rolleyes: