PDA

View Full Version : Zanardi Speaks!

IlliniRacer
06-17-04, 04:52 PM
From ChampCarWorldSeries.com: (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7880)

Alex Zanardi on his racing:
"It's not really a come back because from my point of view I never quit racing; I was forced to stop because of the accident. After the rehab, which has been my priority for many months, as soon as I had the possibility to choose I spoke with my family and I decided to resume my racing activity."

"I'm not afraid nor I feel I'm in any danger, actually I have an advantage because if something happens I will just need a tool in order to fix my leg!"

The man never ceases to amaze me :thumbup: :thumbup:

rabbit
06-17-04, 05:27 PM
Zanardi in the News:
Alex Zanardi played a fundamental role in convincing a young 36-year-old woman from Rome to accept a second leg amputation after she had decided to give up and die. Francesca, who is also a mother of a 12-year-old boy, suffers from a rare disease and was determined not to live without legs. The discrete meeting between Alex Zanardi and Francesca took place two days ago, but has not been publicized until today when hospital Professor Bollero delivered the news. Alex Zanardi spent three hours from 8:45 pm to 11:45 pm convincing the woman to accept the second amputation. Francesca's story touched many people including Italian singer Claudio Baglioni and Rome's mayor. According to Italian web site TGCOM.it the surgery went well and the women may be home soon, maybe within 10 to 15 days. :thumbup:

Don Quixote
06-17-04, 05:33 PM
Pure class, as always.

cart7
06-18-04, 10:44 AM
The guy never ceases to amaze me. :cool: :thumbup:

Insomniac
06-18-04, 11:50 AM
Zanardi is the man as always.

RaceGrrl
06-20-04, 02:20 PM
Compassion and courage personified. I really miss seeing him at the ChampCar races.

Clown
06-21-04, 01:33 PM
Its all about power to weight; Fear the new light weight Zanardi.