PDA

View Full Version : "biggest jerk in this park"

G.
06-16-04, 11:18 AM
Forget about Bartman, this guy is evil! Matt Starr.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=545&e=3&u=/ap/foul_ball_boy

And props to Sanders, Mets, Ryan, etc. :thumbup:

BB needs this sort of stuff to get over all of the labor union crud.

(hey, if I knock over MY kid, ya think I can get a ball signed by Nolan Ryan?)

Michaelhatesfans
06-16-04, 04:44 PM
F'n outrageous. Speaking as the parent of a four year old boy, ......... :flame:

RichK
06-16-04, 04:49 PM
"Matt Starr, a married, 28-year-old landscaper and former youth minister."

He's lucky he didn't trample my kid. He'd have that ball permanently! :mad:

fourrunner
06-16-04, 05:21 PM
Bartman made a mistake, and the Fans were jerks for the reaction to him !!

This Guy is a friggin moron... I saw the video, and he was incredibly arrogant in the stands about the whole thing.. he appeared to proud of what he did... he didn't even apologize to the boy and mom for knocking him around.

Got a kick out of the guys Minister defending this boob !! Just goes to show that no matter what your upbringing or your religious proclivities, Being a Jerk is a pretty universal trait! You'd think the first thing a "Christian Youth Minister" would do would be "the right thing" by training!

I'm betting this guy ithinks he's always right!

Just think, one "Christian Act" of giving this boy the ball would have made this guy a hero, both in the boys eyes, and in the "TV Camera's eye"... But instead his bull headed arrogance will be forever ingrained in that boys head, and the torment he will suffer as the biggest jerk in that city, will haunt him forever... of course that's if he's really the "Good Person" his minister claims.

Of course this schmuck will probably justify hios actions by saying that the kid wouldn't have gotten all these free extra goodies if he hadn't been such a jerk. And that the kid was Satan in disguise!

I wonder what Jesus would say? ;)

lone_groover
06-16-04, 05:36 PM
HA HA!

That's what happens when Positive Acting Teens grow up.

The guy probably listened to Stryper..... :thumdown:

:p

B3RACER1a
06-16-04, 05:40 PM
That dude is a jerk no doubt. Anyone have a link to the video? I was actually watching the game but missed that.

FTG
06-16-04, 05:48 PM
Can't be a Texas youth minister.

Good Chrisitans from Texas never make a mistake.

fourrunner
06-16-04, 05:51 PM
Watch your evening news tonite... This incident is getting big play today ...
The Sportscaster in Philadelphia opened the piece up with ... Wait to you see this folks, this guy is the biggest "JERK" in America... You look up Jerk in the dictionary, and this guys picture will be there" They then showed the video of the Jerk being a Jerk, then giving his name, and the the little boys appearance on Good Morning America getting more goodies.

Then they go to all the News people laughing about what a moron this guy was, and wondering if he would change things if he could !

The Sports guy says, "probably not , but the ball will probably be like Bad Karma too him the rest of his life."

fourrunner
06-16-04, 05:52 PM

LMAO !!! :rofl: ;)

Robstar
06-16-04, 07:56 PM
Just saw that on the news this morn... what a dickhead :shakehead

Clown
06-16-04, 09:54 PM
All's fair ;)

dando
06-16-04, 10:40 PM
Whatta putz!!! When I first heard about this, I thought it happened in Philly. ;) If this had happened to my kid, this guy would be having a ballectomy to extract his prize....

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
06-16-04, 10:43 PM

Good Chrisitans from Texas never make a mistake. Unless their brother lives in Florida. :mad:

indyfan31
06-16-04, 11:00 PM
Ok boys, put away the rope and horse.

I just read about this today. Apparently he's already apologized to the kid and his family. He's going to give the kid the ball and a couple of tickets to a game.

fourrunner
06-16-04, 11:14 PM
It was that Evil, Disgusting, Horrible, Beer, that his Girlfriend "Eve" made him drink, that made him do it!!

It's the "Devils Brew" ...

Let this be a lesson to you kids!! ;)

dando
06-16-04, 11:43 PM
Ok boys, put away the rope and horse.

I just read about this today. Apparently he's already apologized to the kid and his family. He's going to give the kid the ball and a couple of tickets to a game.
Yeah, I just caught an update on SC. The dick is supposed to give the kid the ball and a public apology, as well as an unspecified number of tix for his family to some games. No link to the latest update, but here's a linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1822940) to the story with a link to the clip.

-Kevin

JohnHKart
06-17-04, 06:01 AM
And what's with that four year old's wimpy milksop of a dad?????? He just sits there with a blank look on his sorry face, while the mom berates the jerk. The mom has more cajones than the dad, so obviously she wears the pants in that family.

John

sadams
06-17-04, 07:16 AM

At least not any that they can remember. ;)