PDA

View Full Version : Sears Point NASCAR Right-Turning Fun - now with extra added Trans-Am!

FCYTravis
06-16-04, 03:05 AM
Where do you get to see the plastic fantastic late models of the Featherlite Southwest Series, the undertalented hilarity of Legends cars, 43 identically-templated Winston Cup aeroblobs attempting to make a last, desperate right turn and, to top it off, the screaming road-racing thoroughbreds of the Trans-Am Series?

Why, Sears Point Raceway, of course!

Next Friday through Sunday, the best and worst in closed-fendered road racing hijinks will be on track at the Bastardized Chute**** Raceway's Dodge/$LOCAL_SUPERMARKET_CHAIN 350. Be there!

Or don't. I don't care. Really. :confused:

I'll be camping up in Lot 10, aka the SCCA Siberian Worker Gulag. Drop on in at night for some of the best bench racing you've ever heard. Or poke your head into the SCCA Worker Compound in Turn 7 during the lunch break - you'll find me there scarfing a decidedly un-AJ-size worker sammich. I'll be there right after each day is done as well, draining a few free-as-in-beer club-provided brewskis.

Remember, you're actually going to a race that's sanctioned by Champ Car - I hear Jim Swintal might even fly up to work the landline :rofl:

Spicoli
06-16-04, 07:22 PM
No one cares Travis.

:runs:

FCYTravis
06-16-04, 08:23 PM
Nope, doesn't look like it... guess I'll be all alone :cry:

Oh well, I'll see if I can bring everyone back an Official Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Debris Yellow Flag, autographed by Mike Helton, Brian France and the Jr. himself. Hope the region doesn't mind a few of its flag-bags coming back light :rofl:

Brickman
06-17-04, 12:44 PM
No one cares Travis.

:runs:

I do. See you there Travis.

Spicoli
06-17-04, 01:21 PM
I do. See you there Travis.

You only care because I don't. You're just a contrarian, Wilke sort of doodle. :gomer:

I'll bet you go to Sparta too.

FCYTravis
06-17-04, 01:32 PM
You're just a contrarian, Wilke sort of doodle.That's harsh, JC :rofl:

Comparing someone to Wilke is about as bad as it gets... I think the only higher level of suck is being compared to Defender... it just don't get any worse than that :D

Brickman
06-17-04, 07:46 PM
You only care because I don't. You're just a contrarian, Wilke sort of doodle. :gomer:

I'll bet you go to Sparta too.

No Silly Spicoli. :gomer:

Been going to Sears Point for years. Watkins Glen too.

Never been to Sparta Greece, New York, Kentucky, or listen to their music (http://www.spartamusic.com/)

FCYTravis
06-22-04, 05:24 PM
By the way, it's been confirmed... the Champ Car officiating crew will be on hand for the Trans-Am portion of the NASCAR weekend, including everyone's favorite ex-starter (and the guy with the balls to flag from the racetrack at Mexico City) Jim Swintal :thumbup:

Should be a fun weekend.