PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler's new Crossfire.

mapguy
02-07-03, 04:12 PM
Man, is this car beautiful (http://www.chrysler.com/crossfire/index.html?context=vehicles-index&type=img) .

I wonder how much they are going to sell it for.

As much as I would like to support Ford for their participation in the CCWS if I would seriously consider a Chrysler first. They are putting out some sweet cars. Meanwhile GM continues to produce turds.

RacinM3
02-07-03, 04:26 PM
Yep, pretty car. Unfortunate about that Chrysler resale, though....

JT265
02-07-03, 04:27 PM
Any guess as to how long before Audi whines that they stole the design cues from the TT?

Sweet car. Only downside Mappy, did Chrysler ever lose that soprano whine outta the starter? :p

mapguy
02-07-03, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by JT265

Sweet car. Only downside Mappy, did Chrysler ever lose that soprano whine outta the starter? :p

As a former driver of a poo-brown K-Car I take offence to that..;)

Disclaimer: It was my parent's car. (Bought from Village Plymouth/Chrylser). I blew the transmission on my Renault Alliance.

chop456
02-07-03, 04:34 PM
While not a big fan of the Crossfire, I think their styling is definitely better than GM or Ford. With their move towards SOME parts commonality with Mercedes-Benz, things can only get better. The replacement for the Ram Van is the Mercedes Sprinter. It will be labeled a Dodge, but it's a Mercedes with a 2.7L CDI Diesel engine and the same 5sp. auto that's in the S-Class.

If they could tone down their tendency to be over the top w/ the styling and err. on the side of taste, they'd be even better. The 300M is a nice looking car without all the extraneous crap. Maybe they can get MB to engineer some transmissions for the Chrysler minivans while they're at it.

mapguy
02-07-03, 04:41 PM
The new Dodge Magnum looks cool too.

http://www.caranddriver.com/image_cache/DATA/Caranddriver/images/2003/february/0302_magnum_main.jpg

oddlycalm
02-08-03, 06:43 AM
The DCX model that got my attention was the Maybach. Nice looking sled for something the size of the Queen Mary. Yikes, 6000lbs. empty, 135" wheelbase, 225" overall length... That is a seriously large car folks. Then there is the 550hp engine, 5 second 0-60 and 176mph top speed and we see it is seriously fast as well. It has 275/50R 19" on all four corners as well. Check out the recliner rear seats...:cool:

Maybach site (http://www.maybach.ru/)

Warlock!
02-08-03, 09:42 AM
The Crossfire is pretty cool, but if it didn't have those rake lines down the hood and behind the fron wheel flares I'd be more in agreement with ya.

Winter Warlock!

DaveL
02-08-03, 11:28 PM
How much does a used Cordoba with fine Corinthian leather for these days.

I'm willing to pay for mint condition.

What, 750-$800?

I think that's fair.

devilmaster
02-09-03, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
How much does a used Cordoba with fine Corinthian leather for these days.

I'm willing to pay for mint condition.

What, 750-$800?

I think that's fair.

Fair??? You're being freakin generous! LOL

Steve

DaveL
02-09-03, 11:41 AM
Did I write 750-$800?

Silly me. I missed a decimal point. I really meant to write 75.0-$85.0 :)

JT265
02-09-03, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
As a former driver of a poo-brown K-Car I take offence to that..;)

Disclaimer: It was my parent's car. (Bought from Village Plymouth/Chrylser). I blew the transmission on my Renault Alliance.

You blew the transmision on your WHAT!!!! :eek:

(No wonder you moved to Smallville):p

True Story. Remember there was a AMC/Renault dealer beside the Lincoln shop at Sheppard and McCowan Rd? I was in the Ford dealer one afternoon with a couple of guys looking for a deal, it's cold like hell outside, and all of a sudden there are fire trucks galore, jumping the curbs, sidewalks, etc., and all heading to the east of the Ford dealer (the name escapes me, but they are still there).

We go outside to see what's what, and there is a car carrier in the Renault lot, with a full load of those Alliances he is trying desperately to unload. When we get there, the blue one on the very back of the truck is flaming out like Sarah Fissure's (props to l_g) career, but two more on the truck are burning like 90. The F.D done a great job to extinguish the blaze, before any real cars next door were harmed.;)

I can honestly say I have never seen anything as funny as that in a car dealership. And later, the dealer took a wrecker and pulled the burned out shells off the truck and stuffed 'em all out front on his lot.

I often wondered how many people stopped by later to buy one.

mapguy
02-09-03, 04:19 PM
That AMC/Jeep dealer was Scarsview where, ahem, my parents bought that Renault back in 1983. Which, by the way, just won Motor Trend's Car of the Year. AMC/Renault forked over a lot of Francs to M&T for that award.

BTW. The Ford dealer was East Court.

Back in '83 the Alliance's sold pretty good. Then people smartened up. 2 years later and 0% apr and George C Scott couldn't move those things. 0% apr back in the mid-eighties folks. Unheard of.

JT265
02-09-03, 08:24 PM
Mapster, you're exactly right. My memory is faded, but still cool some days.

I forgot to add that the truck driver told us that the fire started in the dash of the one new Renaults and spread to the others up top. What a show of engineering excellence for a passel of brand new cars.

Oh, and my sincere condolences to your parents. ;)

Classic Apex
02-09-03, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
The Crossfire is pretty cool, but if it didn't have those rake lines down the hood and behind the fron wheel flares I'd be more in agreement with ya.

Winter Warlock!

Exactly. To me, it looks like Darth Vader humped a Beatle, and the Crossfire is the result.

dirtyboy
02-09-03, 11:35 PM
I never saw a Crossfire before and I must say that its ver very

UGLY. Are you guys blind?