PDA

View Full Version : FYI June Sprints at RA this weekend

Amanda B.'s Mom
06-15-04, 08:40 PM
Hello All,

Amanda and I will be at RA this weekend. The line-up for June Sprints looks great. Also events on the Go-Kart track.

Summer is finally here. I am going to RA!

Railbird
06-15-04, 08:46 PM
I'll make it up there for the Sprints one of these years, it has always sounded like a great time.

Enjoy!

RTKar
06-15-04, 09:08 PM
I'll make it up there for the Sprints one of these years, it has always sounded like a great time.

Enjoy!

I really enjoyed it last year. Multiple classes of cars, not to mention varying levels of talent makes for an interesting afternoon....conflict this year though with the little sprint going on at IMS.

Sean O'Gorman
06-15-04, 09:17 PM
Wow, its so wierd to look on that list and see people I've actually raced against!

Entry list: http://www.scca.com/Event/Event.asp?Ref=04-junesprints#

76 SSC Jim Daniels/Germantown, TN Mazdaspeed/Hoosier/JD-INC.COM Mazda "3"

I raced against this guy in Project Gotham 2 on Xbox Live over the winter. Very cool guy, it didn't hurt that I beat him almost every race, but I did have months more experience playing that game than him.

77 FV Andres Serrano/Munson, OH PJF Citation XTC-41

Local autocrosser, runs a Mini Cooper S. Don't know him personally however, just recognized the name.

TRDfan
06-15-04, 09:20 PM
Been there the last two years with my Dad. A great way to celebrate Fathers Day.

This year however, he is having surgery on Friday so we won't make it.

Maybe I'll just lay on the couch Sunday and look for familiar faces at the USGP.

Railbird
06-15-04, 09:23 PM
I've been to the Runoffs a couple times RT and really enjoyed it. The Sprints always sounded like something along those lines that didn't require the whole points chasing thing to participate.

I could be wrong on that count but it still sounds like large fields on a cool track which would be pretty hard not to enjoy.

rjohnson999
06-15-04, 10:15 PM
Look at the SRF field: http://www.junesprints.com/entrylist.html?group4

I've been to the Runoffs a couple times RT and really enjoyed it. The Sprints always sounded like something along those lines that didn't require the whole points chasing thing to participate.

I could be wrong on that count but it still sounds like large fields on a cool track which would be pretty hard not to enjoy.

Napoleon
06-16-04, 07:03 AM
77 FV Andres Serrano/Munson, OH PJF Citation XTC-41

Local autocrosser, runs a Mini Cooper S. Don't know him personally however, just recognized the name.

Obviously I have raced against him and others at the Sprints but Andres is interesting. He is Chilian and I believe have run profesional ralleys in South America. He had been working in Texas in the states and last year was transfered to North East Ohio. It so happens he drives by my house on the way to work and one day I was out and he recognizes me and stops. Small world.

Oh, and he is fast.