PDA

View Full Version : "Indy Fever Newsletter"

TravelGal
06-15-04, 12:28 PM
So I open my email inbox this morning and see "Indy Fever Newsletter." I think "What the cr@p is that?" I'm still so sleepy that curiosity wins over annoyance and I open it. It's the newsletter from Surfers! I signed up on their site a while back. Now I see they have been sending these for months! THIS is the way to promote a race. Build the buzz. Just reading the headlines of the articles gets my pulse going! www.indy.com.au

Is there anyway to give these lessons to some of the tracks and the OWRS management? Portland is doing pretty well this year but the newsletters I get from CART/OWRS are complete snoozers.

Now if we could just fix this "Indy" thing and get that term (the race, the sport, etc) away from the nefarious TG.... I can't have everything on a Tuesday morning, but I can still wish for it.

Andrew Longman
06-15-04, 02:16 PM
Agreed tracks could do much more.

Stuff I've received from Cleveland, MIS, RA and Nazareth over the year stunks, but it stunk for all the races they promoted, not just CART. The IRL stuff from Nazareth looked like a HS class project.

The Indy term bothers me too. My wife's cousin in Toronto talks about "goin' to the Indy down to the X", but also doesn't give a hoot about IMS and claims few other in Canada do either. He claims Champcars are more threatened by NASCAR than IRL there.

I suspect Indy has a very different meaning in Oz than in the US.

But wouldn't be nice and tidy to be rid of the term in association with Champcars?

Chaos
06-15-04, 02:55 PM
it would...but it wont happen any time soon. In the Toronto market, the race has become "the indy" i.e. "are you going to the indy this weekend?"...it took a few years of heavy marketing to instill that in people's heads.

I, for one, would love if it were called "The Molson ChampCar Grand Prix of Toronto" But, Molson is not worried about people like me :)

Robstar
06-15-04, 07:29 PM
You can also win a day in the pits if you buy tickets before June 30 - great idea considering it's over four months away... :thumbup:

Steve99
06-16-04, 01:07 PM
I almost deleted that email because it had Indy in the title, but curiosity got me too.