PDA

View Full Version : She must still like me, I guess.

Warlock!
06-15-04, 07:21 AM
Last night I had to run a few errands, picking up some odds 'n' ends at Lowes. I was gone a couple hours, and when I got home I had to start getting the camper ready for the summer trips. When I finally got inside, I find my wife on the floor working on this:

http://www.mellanzer.com/Mattmisc/blanket1.jpg

It's gonna be a big ol' comforter... a checkered flag border with the Champcar logo stuck in the center. She asked me about what kind of comforter I'd like to replace my tattered Ohio State comforter she made for me 18 years ago, and I threw out the Champcar idea. This was about 4 months ago that we talked about it, and I really never expected to see it. Nice surprise to come home to, though...

:cool:

Warlock!

sadams
06-15-04, 07:39 AM
:thumbup:

Rogue Leader
06-15-04, 09:06 AM
YOU married a good one!

chop456
06-15-04, 09:16 AM
Sweet!!!!! :eek:

Insomniac
06-15-04, 09:31 AM
Put pictures up of the comforter when it's done. That is really cool.

anait
06-15-04, 09:48 AM
'Lock, that's so cool. :thumbup: Is the checkered flag border fabric store fabric, or an actual flag?

G.
06-15-04, 10:10 AM
She's a keeper! :thumbup:

My mom used to have the same tomato pincushion. Might still have it.

Fitti Fan
06-15-04, 10:14 AM
She's going to have to make patterns for all of us!

Warlock!
06-15-04, 10:24 AM
'Lock, that's so cool. :thumbup: Is the checkered flag border fabric store fabric, or an actual flag?I believe she's makin' it out of 6" or 8" squares cut out of fabric. For the logo she got a pic of the logo from the Champcar website, blew it up, and printed it out for a pattern.

First she lets me get a bike, now she's doin' this... sumpin's up, but I guess I don't care... :D

Warlock!

devilmaster
06-15-04, 10:26 AM
Unless, of course, she's making this big ol' comforter cause she has this keen sense that you will be sleeping out in the yard.... ;)

Tell her to mail the pattern to ChampCar and they can get to work finding a good sweatshop in Timbuktu to make these things for cheap......

Steve

Anteater
06-15-04, 11:09 AM
That is just outstanding! Your wife is my kind of gal. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
06-15-04, 11:49 AM
That is pretty cool! Looks like you've got some serious reading material there in the background too. ;)

racer2c
06-15-04, 11:51 AM
When I first glanced at it I thought it was a store bought job. Very cool and very well made! I'm envious! :thumbup:

rabbit
06-15-04, 12:27 PM
Looks like somebody deserves a dozen red roses and a fancy dinner. :thumbup:

cartgal
06-15-04, 12:29 PM
First, get that gal a good work table for all that cutting so she's NOT doing it on the floor.

Second, make sure she's got the latest-greatest sewing machine that she wants 'cause she's earned it. Man, she's good!!

Third, I need the pattern.

'Lock, she's a keeper -- no matter what she wants from you for this. Heck, all I ever give my husband is a bad time... :rofl:

Warlock!
06-15-04, 01:06 PM
First, get that gal a good work table for all that cutting so she's NOT doing it on the floor.She's got one. Matter of fact she's got a sewing room. She just chooses to do it in the living room so I hafta stumble over it ;)

Second, make sure she's got the latest-greatest sewing machine that she wants 'cause she's earned it. Man, she's good!!Got it. Pfaff super-duper sewing thinger. Not the latest-greatest, but it was when she bought it 5 or 6 years ago.

Third, I need the pattern. I'll see what I can do. ;)

That is pretty cool! Looks like you've got some serious reading material there in the background too. ;)
I usually keep that mag in the s****ter...

Warlock!

Fitti Fan
06-15-04, 01:30 PM
See, I told you we'd all want patterns. It's so darn cute!!!!

anait
06-15-04, 02:29 PM
See, I told you we'd all want patterns. It's so darn cute!!!!

No pattern for me - sewing machines and I do not get along. I'd rather knock down walls. :thumbup: Hm, I guess I could paint it on a wall or something...

Rob
06-15-04, 03:02 PM
Does she have a younger sister?

Dougrun
06-15-04, 03:58 PM
does she have ANY sister that single? :p

Railbird
06-15-04, 04:43 PM
Cripes, from the looks of that Martha Stewart must be her sister.

Good deal 'lock

Amanda B.'s Mom
06-15-04, 05:37 PM
Awesome!!!

Classic Apex
06-15-04, 05:39 PM
Nice.

IlliniRacer
06-15-04, 05:48 PM
Very :cool:

However, I'm confused as to why someone would want an Ohio $tate comforter to begin with :saywhat:

OSKEE-WOW-WOW :D

cartgal
06-15-04, 08:52 PM
She's got one. Matter of fact she's got a sewing room. She just chooses to do it in the living room so I hafta stumble over it.

Now, ya' know, a little voice inside me was saying that this was probably the case. And so it's obvious she's younger than me. If I do that kind of work on the floor, it takes a crane and two forklifts to help me back up. But I've also had to pin together a quilt on the floor, so maybe it's just a quiltin' thang....

Got it. Pfaff super-duper sewing thinger. Not the latest-greatest, but...

Lucky gal!!! I'm about ready to pitch mine out the window. It's not playing nice with me.

I'm still in awe of the work. It's just amazing. Has anyone from ChampCars contacted you off-forum yet? Such a quilt would make a great auction item for the big shindig they used to do (and I can't ferth'lifeofme remember what they called the party/gala -- seems like it was held in a hanger?...).

back to screwing up life for MY lucky significant other -- he's currently tripping over laundry, dog toys, and stacks of editing. :gomer:

manic mechanic
06-15-04, 09:07 PM
You are a lucky man, 'Lock. :thumbup:

I don't suppose you would consider a trade, would you? Mrs. Manic has some advantages too... :rofl:

IMHO, you are gettting the better of the deal if that is replacing an OSU comforter.

Please get some shots of it (when completed) to the CCWS people. I have a feeling they might want to license the design.

manic

Jag_Warrior
06-15-04, 10:54 PM
Cripes, from the looks of that Martha Stewart must be her sister.

Good deal 'lock

Sayyyyyy......... http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/ed/idea.gif

Where's that prisoner website again??? Martha... baby, honey, sweetie...

CANADIAN HOTSPUR
06-15-04, 11:29 PM
Last night I had to run a few errands, picking up some odds 'n' ends at Lowes. I was gone a couple hours, and when I got home I had to start getting the camper ready for the summer trips. When I finally got inside, I find my wife on the floor working on this:

http://www.mellanzer.com/Mattmisc/blanket1.jpg

It's gonna be a big ol' comforter... a checkered flag border with the Champcar logo stuck in the center. She asked me about what kind of comforter I'd like to replace my tattered Ohio State comforter she made for me 18 years ago, and I threw out the Champcar idea. This was about 4 months ago that we talked about it, and I really never expected to see it. Nice surprise to come home to, though...

Warlock!