PDA

View Full Version : Another 24 Hour race this weekend

Fio1
06-12-04, 08:48 PM
Boris Said said that compared to the old Nurburgring, Le Mans is for (another word for kitty cats). And, after driving that track last year, I have to agree! 220 cars in the rain at night is insane! According to live timing and scoring, the BMW's are running 1-2 (Said is 2nd), a DTM Audi is 3rd with a bad a$$ Porsche in 4th. Uwe Alzen qualified his Porsche on pole by 11 seconds, but dropped back right away, now he is 10th. The Zakspeed Viper dropped out right away.

BTW, if anybody wants to experience the Old Nurburgring, check this racing school out: www.jmracing.com

DaveL
06-12-04, 09:00 PM
Speed does a condensed show on the race. Too bad it's the same weekend as LeMans. I'd like to see live coverage of the race from the Ring too.

It also answers the question as to the whereabouts of Lucas Luhr. I was surprised when he wasn't teamed with Maasson at LeMans, but he's running a factory GT3 911 at the Ring instead.

Fio1
06-13-04, 12:41 AM
The BMW's are kicking a$$, they have a 3 lap lead over the LUHR Lucas, KLASEN Arno, BERNHARD Timo, MANTHEY Olaf Porsche GT3. BTW, everyone keeps talking about Danica this and Danica that, well she doesn't compare to the lady driving the #69 Mini Cooper; Sabine Schmitz, who drives people around the Nordschleife in a BMW known as the Ring Taxi for $200 or so a lap.