PDA

View Full Version : Montreal: Friday practice

oddlycalm
06-11-04, 05:12 PM
It does my heart good to see grandstands looking full for a Friday practice.

The pointy chinned hun looks strong... yet again.

oc

Ankf00
06-11-04, 05:21 PM
sato and alonso beat him though, and the hun did put it into the wall...

I've got this great photo from today, it was the crowd for historics on FRIDAY after all the F1 business was finished. Amazing how many people show up so early on friday...

jonovision_man
06-11-04, 06:10 PM
It does my heart good to see grandstands looking full for a Friday practice.

The pointy chinned hun looks strong... yet again.

oc

I saw a story that the race is a sell-out! Pretty impressive, no Jacques and a late addition to the calendar, USGP so close, yet it still manages to sell-out.

:thumbup: GP racing is very alive and well in Canada :thumbup:

Ankf00
06-11-04, 07:09 PM
Frank was saying today that he's going to throw cheque$$$ in the car for private Friday testing around august or septemberish

Cam
06-11-04, 07:17 PM
sato and alonso beat him though, and the hun did put it into the wall...

During practice they they commented that MTL is almoast like a road course (Monaco). Hopefully Boyband, Fred and Sato can take it to the red plague just like they did at Monaco! ;)

Ankf00
06-11-04, 07:22 PM
During practice they they commented that MTL is almoast like a road course (Monaco). Hopefully Boyband, Fred and Sato can take it to the red plague just like they did at Monaco! ;)
if only, the chin also had a couple of serious offs, if only they'd happen during the race!!

Cam
06-11-04, 07:34 PM
if only, the chin also had a couple of serious offs, if only they'd happen during the race!!

There is always hope Ank! :D

Jay
06-12-04, 12:31 AM
The grandstands were a little smaller than last year, and there are still fewer than there were in 2001, but the race is still alive and well - and tickets for 2005 are already on sale (book now!) There were fewer people from overseas, but the locals stepped up and purchased the remaining tickets.

It was a gorgeous day today - perfect weather (it almost always is at Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve), and a great crowd. The support schedule was somewhat weak, except for the Historic GP cars - which were quite a treat to see lapping around the circuit. I'm not old enough to have seem them race in their prime, but boy do I wish I was! Awesome stuff!

The practices were pretty uneventful - except for Davidson having a hard shunt in the turn 6-7 chicane. The tirewall there is almost as hard as concrete and doesn't budge much - but the gravel did it's job and Davidson was uninjured. Also, earlier in the session, Michael Schumacher smacked the wall on the outside of the turn 8-9 chicane, causing a flat and damaging his suspension.

As for downtown Montreal, it was as crowded as always, though there didn't seem to be quite as many F1 shops and street parties as usual. I didn't see the whole city though - so there were no doubt some elsewhere.

Anyway - here's to a great weekend!

racer2c
06-12-04, 01:53 AM
Frank was saying today that he's going to throw cheque$$$ in the car for private Friday testing around august or septemberish

I read that JV has two brand new helmets and clean white driver suits. :gomer:

Ankf00
06-12-04, 02:50 AM
The grandstands were a little smaller than last year, and there are still fewer than there were in 2001, but the race is still alive and well - and tickets for 2005 are already on sale (book now!) There were fewer people from overseas, but the locals stepped up and purchased the remaining tickets.

It was a gorgeous day today - perfect weather (it almost always is at Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve), and a great crowd. The support schedule was somewhat weak, except for the Historic GP cars - which were quite a treat to see lapping around the circuit. I'm not old enough to have seem them race in their prime, but boy do I wish I was! Awesome stuff!

The practices were pretty uneventful - except for Davidson having a hard shunt in the turn 6-7 chicane. The tirewall there is almost as hard as concrete and doesn't budge much - but the gravel did it's job and Davidson was uninjured. Also, earlier in the session, Michael Schumacher smacked the wall on the outside of the turn 8-9 chicane, causing a flat and damaging his suspension.

As for downtown Montreal, it was as crowded as always, though there didn't seem to be quite as many F1 shops and street parties as usual. I didn't see the whole city though - so there were no doubt some elsewhere.

Anyway - here's to a great weekend!

the f1 parties are still as numerous as before imo, less of an intl crowd unfortunately, and the gold grandstands on the front straight were cut significantly, but the silver and bronze seats are still the same, so they really only lost a couple hundred overpriced worthless frontstraight seats which only yuppies bought anyways

Railbird
06-12-04, 07:36 AM
I read that JV has two brand new helmets and clean white driver suits.

and I've read he paid for them with his very own money!

That my friend is commitment.

jonovision_man
06-12-04, 08:32 AM
I read that JV has two brand new helmets and clean white driver suits.

and I've read he paid for them with his very own money!

That my friend is commitment.

Or wishful thinking... ;)

I hope he's back, F1 needs some characters. Losing Irvine and Jacques sucked, I think both had more seasons in them. Irvine less so. :)