PDA

View Full Version : Ken Burns completes NASCAR documentary for PBS

pchall
06-11-04, 04:45 PM
http://www.champcarfanatics.com/gallery/data/500/967FUgomer.jpg

He is expected to recover while working on a Barbara Streisand documentary.

Ziggy
06-11-04, 04:46 PM
Thats pretty funny! :gomer: :gomer: :gomer: :eek:

Ankf00
06-11-04, 07:10 PM
I had a fit of depression when I read that thread title. *whew* :laugh:

DaveL
06-11-04, 11:17 PM
Just imagine a piano slowly playing while James Earl Jones says, "The car wuz runnin' reel good an' them boys at the shop been workin' reel hawrd...."

lone_groover
06-11-04, 11:24 PM
Oh snap!

:D :eek: :D

fourrunner
06-11-04, 11:28 PM
As with any Ken Burns Documentary

I'm guessing there's a lot of "Off Camera Voices" reading letters from the Drivers home to there wives telling about how depressing it is to be out on the road...

Dearest Bambi:

Caught little Jeffy Gordon out behind the Win Dixie Trailor the other night having his way with a girl with a deep voice named Fred... Everybody's scared of that Stewart Fella, his mind just ain't right...and those Burton boys can't be from the same Mom... Honey I'm a scared and lonely...

Your Loving Husband
Michael Waltrip

manic mechanic
06-11-04, 11:42 PM

I'm guessing there's a lot of "Off Camera Voices" reading letters from the Drivers home to there wives telling about how depressing it is to be out on the road...

Dearest Bambi:

Caught little Jeffy Gordon out behind the Win Dixie Trailor the other night having his way with a girl with a deep voice named Fred... Everybody's scared of that Stewart Fella, his mind just ain't right...and those Burton boys can't be from the same Mom... Honey I'm a scared and lonely...

Your Loving Husband
Michael Waltrip

Not bad, but his wife's name is Buffy. :p

DaveL
06-12-04, 12:40 AM
Dearest Bambi:

Your Loving Husband
Michael Waltrip

As read by Joe Montegna...

Napoleon
06-12-04, 09:49 AM
:thumbup:

dando
06-12-04, 06:55 PM
http://www.champcarfanatics.com/gallery/data/500/967FUgomer.jpg

He is expected to recover while working on a Barbara Streisand documentary.
:laugh:

Kinda looks like Kyle Petty...

-Kevin

oddlycalm
06-12-04, 07:05 PM
Buffy, Bambi, Brandi, Kandi, whutever, damn hard to keep them names straight when mosta them retired pole climbers look like they popped out of the same mold over at Dow Corning.

oc

PS - Great thread BTW :thumbup: :D