PDA

View Full Version : Now this is one fat lawsuit

rabbit
02-07-03, 09:42 AM
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/motorsports/5123016.htm

Spencer files lawsuit against Ganassi
By DAVID POOLE
The Charlotte Observer

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Attorneys for Jimmy Spencer have filed a lawsuit in Mecklenburg County Superior Court seeking damages from Chip Ganassi, Spencer's former Winston Cup car owner, for breach of contract and interference with Spencer's racing career.
The lawsuit, filed Tuesday, seeks $600,000 for the difference between the salary Spencer says he was to be paid for 2003, the second year of his contract with Chip Ganassi Racing, and what he is to make this year as the driver for Ultra Motorsports.

Spencer drove the No. 41 Dodges owned by Ganassi last season, but says he was told over the telephone on or about Nov. 5, 2002, that he was fired. Casey Mears will drive the No. 41 cars in the 2003 season.

The lawsuit also charges that Ganassi made an agreement to monetarily assist James Finch, the owner of a Busch series team for which Spencer drove 23 races last year, with fielding Finch's Busch team for 2003. Part of the terms for that agreement, the lawsuit alleges, was for Finch not to employ Spencer as a driver this year.
There's more at the link.

pchall
02-07-03, 01:02 PM
How long will it take Cheap to become the most despised owner in NASCAR, too?

Wheel-Nut
02-07-03, 01:54 PM
I guess Chip has never heard that "Jimmy Spencer never forgets!"

mnkywrch
02-07-03, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
I guess Chip has never heard that "Jimmy Spencer never forgets!"

Much like elephants...

Ganassi's mistake was hiring Spencer in the first place. Or hiring Casey Mears to replace him, for that matter... :shakehead

Here's a name for ya, Cheep, if you want a winner: Scott Wimmer. Bill Davis is a good place to steal talent from... ;)

RacinM3
02-07-03, 04:28 PM
Fat lawsuits for fat people.

lone_groover
02-07-03, 08:20 PM
Talk about cetacean litigation! :gomer:

Imagine the size of Chip's legal briefs! :eek:

RaceGrrl
02-07-03, 09:13 PM
Gee, thanks for that horrible image: Cheep's briefs. :eek:

Can they even be called briefs if they're THAT big? :eek:

lone_groover
02-07-03, 09:36 PM
You obviously have a weak stomach, 'Grrl.

For your sake, I dearly hope that Sarah Fissure NEVER becomes involved in any jurisprudential entaglement.

There ain't enough breathable cotton in the world to keep those hocks shaded.....:eek:

mnkywrch
02-08-03, 11:06 AM
http://www.fordracing.com/news/?article=21338&flashcheck=1

Spencer is referring all questions to his North Carolina attorney, but according to Felix Sabates, who is a partner in Ganassi’s Winston Cup operation, Spencer has no contract that covers the 2003 season; and that the team’s obligations to Spencer were fulfilled at the conclusion of the 2002 season.

“We don’t have a contract with Spencer. He never signed it,” Sabates insisted. “He’s got no argument with us. He never signed the contract.”

RaceGrrl
02-08-03, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by lone_groover
You obviously have a weak stomach, 'Grrl.

For your sake, I dearly hope that Sarah Fissure NEVER becomes involved in any jurisprudential entaglement.

There ain't enough breathable cotton in the world to keep those hocks shaded.....:eek:

I do NOT have a weak stomach, groover. I was just so horrified by the thought of Cheep's giant briefs that I hadn't moved on to think about Sarah. Thanks a lot, it will be impossible to get that revolting image out of my head.

DaveL
02-08-03, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Here's a name for ya, Cheep, if you want a winner: Scott Wimmer. Bill Davis is a good place to steal talent from... ;)

Gee, who tipped ya off on Wimmer? ;)

Davis is not going to let Wimmer get away. He had Gordon pulled from under him and fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. My guess is that Kenny Wallace will spend the year in the #23 for his last hoorah in Cup as a field filler, and Davis will move Wimmer into the car after he wins the BGN title.

With Wimmer in Cup with Kenseth, the series will have the two most electrifying and dynamic personalities (to say nothing of their devil may care driving styles) in all of motor racing.

The question will be, is NASCAR big enough for those two personalities?

mnkywrch
02-08-03, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
Gee, who tipped ya off on Wimmer? ;)

Ahh, some clown on the Internet. ;)

Davis is not going to let Wimmer get away. He had Gordon pulled from under him and fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. My guess is that Kenny Wallace will spend the year in the #23 for his last hoorah in Cup as a field filler, and Davis will move Wimmer into the car after he wins the BGN title.

With Wimmer in Cup with Kenseth, the series will have the two most electrifying and dynamic personalities (to say nothing of their devil may care driving styles) in all of motor racing.

The question will be, is NASCAR big enough for those two personalities?

Wimmer doesn't need any more time in BGN, if you ask me.

Problem is, Kenny Wallace is one of the drivers sponsors love because they're nice guys - not great drivers. Look how long Mikey Waltrip has stuck around despite his lack of talent.

I'd give Wawd Burton one more year in the CAT ride then boot him, if it was me.

But then again, I'm a guy who thinks Jack Roush would win that elusive WC title if he just dropped back to a four car team.

DaveL
02-08-03, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Wimmer doesn't need any more time in BGN, if you ask me.

Problem is, Kenny Wallace is one of the drivers sponsors love because they're nice guys - not great drivers. Look how long Mikey Waltrip has stuck around despite his lack of talent.

As it was once explained to me by Racewriter, Wimmer has a future in Cup, Wallace doesn't. Waiting one more year in BGN won't hurt Wimmer, and when he when he wins the title Davis will be able to get more $$$ from any sponsor. I'd like to see Wimmer in Cup too, but bidness is bidness and Wallace, through Stacker money, will get his farewell tour.

turn1
02-09-03, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by rabbit
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/motorsports/5123016.htm

There's more at the link.

Let's just let them belly bump with the last man standing being the winner,,,,,

:rolleyes:

mnkywrch
02-09-03, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
As it was once explained to me by Racewriter, Wimmer has a future in Cup, Wallace doesn't. Waiting one more year in BGN won't hurt Wimmer, and when he when he wins the title Davis will be able to get more $$$ from any sponsor. I'd like to see Wimmer in Cup too, but bidness is bidness and Wallace, through Stacker money, will get his farewell tour.

Waiting one more year in BGN won't hurt Wimmer, but when someone decides to fire their WC driver and wants to replace them with Wimmer, and Davis doesn't have a WC program for him, Davis is going to be kicking himself - AGAIN...