PDA

View Full Version : David Phillips article: interesting perspective

RichK
06-08-04, 05:20 PM
SPEED article (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/11448/)

Interesting perspective on the IRL & ChampCar staffs/mechanics at Milwaukee.

Winston Wolfe
06-08-04, 09:02 PM
From the article:
"Its funny how the children in a divorce end up suffering the most"

Just give me another diaper and a bottle, and I'll be fine. When these alleged "adults" do some more growing up, and realize how screwed up things are, the children will all get along just fine.

Article has some interesting points.

P1
06-09-04, 07:14 AM
Unfortunately the "split" and "possible unification" continues to be "news" in the pea brained media. :mad: Time to get over the past and write about the future which I do not believe includes unification or any semblance thereof. Perhaps my heart is processing the data and not my brain, but time to get over it! Champ car and its ladders are essentially the only NA-based open wheel racing worth talking or writing about. The grandstands on qualies and race day should clue in the media.

cart7
06-09-04, 08:26 AM
Interesting take on the employee's involved in this mess. I've always wondered how the common team member, engineer, etc. fares in all this and how they interact with the other side. I guess they're equally part of the kids of the divorce along with the fans. Guys & gals who chose racing as profession, regardless of their fit in the overall gear-train, probably have a different vested interest in the split and competition between the two series than we the fans do. Pretty nice article by Phillips.