View Full Version : Beat the Lakers

Brickman
06-08-04, 02:28 AM
Pretty Please. :D

Jervis Tetch 1
06-08-04, 08:57 PM
One down...

Three to go...

The Lakers are a bunch of crybaby wankers...

You have Big Toe (Shaq), Glass Jaw (Rick Fox), The Crybaby (Derek Fisher), The Snailman, and Kobe (talking about him would be a low blow).

They are nothing to the Lakers I knew and once loved (Show Time, Wilt the Stilt, Elgin, Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, et al.).

Winston Wolfe
06-08-04, 09:07 PM
I belive it's all rigged, staged, a side show, a carnival if you will, and all in the interest of the almighty dollar, to ensure that the series goes a minimum of 6 games, and it will obviously end in LA, on the home court, so that they can plan the victory parade.
The refs control the foul count. The league office NEEDS the ratings, the revenue and the network needs the EYEBALLS in a late spring\early summer of dismal programming to keep some $$$ coming in... Shaq gets in foul trouble early, he sits, Detroit wins. Watch the officiating on Shaq. It pretty much dictates a Laker victory or defeat.
It goes 6 for sure, maybe 7 if its close. Lakers win, home court. The NBA needs it, and the network needs it.

FWIW - Can you imagine what a ratings disaster it would have been if the T-Wolves and Pistons would have been the Finals matchup ? No One outside of the CDT would have watched that one !!!!!

Nosuchsoul
06-09-04, 03:30 AM
LAKERS RULE ALL!!! TO PULL FOR DETROIT MEANS YOU ARE AN IRL FAN, YES THAT IS WHAT IT MEANS, UNLESS YOU PULL FOR THE LAKERS MEANS YOU WANT TO DRIVE A CHEVY,G-FORCE CAR AND YOU WANT PUPPY'S TO DIE. EXCUSE ME FOR A MINUTE, THIS SIX-FOOT PINK RABBIT STANDING NEXT TO ME WANTS ME TO VOTE FOR ROSS PEROT............................ :saywhat:

sadams
06-09-04, 07:02 AM
I'd like to see the NBA enforce the rules of the game like traveling,double dribbling and blatant fouls. It started out as a non contact sport and it's now played like rugby or football. And if traveling was enforced there never would have been an Air Jordan.

Brickman
06-09-04, 11:26 AM
I'd like to see the NBA enforce the rules of the game like traveling,double dribbling and blatant fouls. It started out as a non contact sport and it's now played like rugby or football. And if traveling was enforced there never would have been an Air Jordan.

Bingo

Chaos
06-09-04, 11:42 AM
I will agree in that the game is not as graceful or fluid as it was even just a few years ago. Just have a look at how scoring has decreased over the years.

Joe in LA
06-09-04, 12:27 PM
I'd just like to see the rules enforced consistently from one quarter to the next--regardless of how they are enforced. Not an issue last night, but some of the T-Wolves/Lakers games were just wildly inconsistent.

Brickman
06-14-04, 12:44 AM
Keep beating the Lakers. Please. :D

Railbird
06-14-04, 06:38 AM
This is going very well

Railbird
06-15-04, 11:35 PM
update:

This is going veeeeery well.

Congrats to Larry Brown and all the Pistons and their fans!

Now don't burn the place down.

Sean O'Gorman
06-15-04, 11:51 PM
Let the rioting begin! :laugh:

Lizzerd
06-16-04, 12:17 AM
If it can't be the Pacers, then anybody but the Lakers is fine with me. Way to go Pistons!!! Domination at its best.

Brickman
06-16-04, 12:37 AM
Life is good. :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
06-16-04, 01:58 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/pistons/pistons_285x225.jpg

I don't even like the Pistons, but I will take just about anything over the Fakers. :thumbup:

chop456
06-16-04, 02:07 AM
Now Kobe's wife has a reason to divorce him. :D

Methanolandbrats
06-16-04, 07:18 AM
It was clear in game one that Detroit was in better shape and had a defense that bottled up both the Big Dummy and the Rapist. That clinched it.

Wally
06-16-04, 11:26 AM
Congrats to the Pistons and Coach Brown. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
06-16-04, 12:08 PM
Oh yeah, I'd like to say congratulations especially to Ben Wallace. Ten years ago he was attending lowly ol' Cuyahoga Community College, and now hes got a championship ring! :thumbup:

dando
06-16-04, 10:44 PM
As a Celtics fan (removing bag from head), I dislike both teams. However, if I had to choose...Beat LA!

Congrats, Detroit! I'm amazed the city didn't burn down.

-Kevin