PDA

View Full Version : Chris Dyson to Toyota Atlantic Championship

FCYTravis
06-07-04, 09:00 PM
POUGHKEEPSIE, NY, June 8, 2004 - Chris Dyson announced plans today to supplement his primary 2004 commitment to the American Le Mans Series with a campaign in the Toyota Atlantic Championship, beginning with the June 18-20 Toyota Atlantic Championship doubleheader at Portland International Raceway. Dyson Racing recently obtained a pair of Swift .014 chassis, and last week completed a successful two-day test at Sebring International Raceway. Dyson will contest selected events on the remainder of the Toyota Atlantic series that do not conflict with the ALMS schedule.

http://www.dysonracing.com/press_6082004_1.html

http://www.dysonracing.com/images/main_picture_6072004.gif

Woohoo. Chris is a great driver and bringing his team to the Atlantics will strengthen the series. Dyson Racing is one of the most storied privateer road racing teams in America. The only question is, what does this mean for Dyson in ALMS next year? :confused:

Sean O'Gorman
06-07-04, 09:05 PM
The only question is, what does this mean for Dyson in ALMS next year? :confused:

Dyson won't be leaving ALMS for Champ Car, I'm pretty sure of that. When I get home from work I'll dig up a quote from Rob Dyson on why he only spent a season in CART back in the '80s.

FCYTravis
06-07-04, 09:10 PM
Perhaps, but do remember that they're having all sorts of disagreements with the ACO and by extension the ALMS about their Lola LMP675s being declared essentially illegal after this year. They got a one-year reprieve for 2004 but after that they'll be uncompetitive and extremely expensive museum pieces. There have been rumblings that they're preparing to leave...

RTKar
06-07-04, 09:38 PM
Good to see another car in Atlantics, the Milwaukee field was pretty slim. Interesting , the developments with ALMS and his team...???

Amanda B.'s Mom
06-08-04, 07:43 AM
INteresting...............Very interesting :)

XFT
06-19-04, 09:10 AM
POUGHKEEPSIE, NY

Hmmmmmmmm, thats like 20 minutes away. /wonders if he can get a shop tour :cool: