PDA

View Full Version : Funny IRL Rumour

TedN
06-07-04, 07:13 PM
From Champweb (http://www.champweb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=581)

Sam Hornish Jr. tested Mid-Ohio recently and turned laps slower than what the go-karts turn there. The cars are having a lot of trouble downshifting and braking at the same time. However slow they are running, the IRL doesn't care.

Ted

:rofl:

pchall
06-07-04, 07:32 PM
From Champweb (http://www.champweb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=581)

Ted

:rofl:

TFF.

As for the Pimpski and Chevie stuff, it could only be a sign that free Toyotas are a thing of the past for his team.

Michaelhatesfans
06-07-04, 07:53 PM
I don't know what's a bigger waste of time -
A crapwagon on a road course, or Sam Hornish on a road course?

racer2c
06-07-04, 07:57 PM
I don't know what's a bigger waste of time -
A crapwagon on a road course, or Sam Hornish on a road course?

That was my thought also. Maybe it's not the car.

dando
06-07-04, 08:43 PM
MO is pretty tame elevation wise. Just imagine how bad the crappies would be climbing the hill to the corkscrew @ LS or the hill @ RA. I'm still trying to figure out how racing @ WG can be deemed safe with all of the armco surrounding that track. :shakehead

-Kevin

cart7
06-07-04, 09:16 PM
That was my thought also. Maybe it's not the car.
exactly! :gomer:

cart7
06-07-04, 09:17 PM
MO is pretty tame elevation wise. Just imagine how bad the crappies would be climbing the hill to the corkscrew @ LS or the hill @ RA. I'm still trying to figure out how racing @ WG can be deemed safe with all of the armco surrounding that track. :shakehead

-Kevin

Obviously the armco could be a real problem if they're having trouble getting the cars whoa'd down! :eek:

dando
06-07-04, 09:47 PM
TFF.

As for the Pimpski and Chevie stuff, it could only be a sign that free Toyotas are a thing of the past for his team.
The writing is on the wall for that after ol' Rog's piece in the NY Times. He must be getting desperate, and we all know that ol' Rog is the first to grab a chair when the music stops.

-Kevin

sundaydriver2
06-07-04, 11:09 PM
Their only way out is to have an all new chassis.

How much would that cost?? :gomer:

Brickman
06-08-04, 02:33 AM
I think a report other than Champweb would be more reliable. But if they are dogs they should stay on the ovals then embarrass themselves. It will be interesting to see... maybe.

Ankf00
06-08-04, 02:41 AM
this will actually be funnier than A&M being up by 7 runs in the 9th inning of regional playoffs last year and began to sell tickets to the next playoff round over the P/A system, however A&M didn't quite make it to super regionals the next weekend :gomer:

it'll be funnier when none of the starting IRL grid makes the finish line :gomer:

Andrew Longman
06-08-04, 09:26 AM
Their only way out is to have an all new chassis.

How much would that cost?? :gomer:

I dunno. What's a Lola going for these days? ;)

Wheel-Nut
06-08-04, 10:15 AM
I realize this is just a rumor but why would Penske use Sam instead of Helio?

racer2c
06-08-04, 10:26 AM
I realize this is just a rumor but why would Penske use Sam instead of Helio?

Well, seat time on a road course I assume. It wouldn't be prudent to wait until first day practice to throw him out there. The IRL should have an open practice for all the non road racers and a refresher for those who are.

rabbit
06-08-04, 10:45 AM
why would Penske use Sam instead of Helio?
Because Helio has driven a Champ Car at Mid-Ohio. If he went out there in a crudwagon, he would probably be tempted to jump ship back to the Champ Cars.

JoeBob
06-08-04, 11:20 AM
Hornish has driven Mid-Ohio as well - just not in a ChampCar. In fact, for a very long time his website listed Mid-Ohio as his favorite racetrack. (It looks like the site was redone when he signed with Penske, and "Favorite Racetrack" was removed from his personal profile.)

Steve99
06-08-04, 11:38 AM
Obviously the armco could be a real problem if they're having trouble getting the cars whoa'd down! :eek:

Assuming you cant get going in the first place.

New IRL motto: "55. Arrive Alive."

Madmaxfan2
06-08-04, 03:39 PM
Any truth to this one and road racing is at least another season away to change the package rules. That is if TG holds to his promise on design change freezes. He already welched on the engine displacement change this year.

Warlock!
06-08-04, 04:18 PM
Any truth to this one and...
There is no truth to this rumor... at least not yet. Trust me.

Warlock!

devilmaster
06-08-04, 04:19 PM
Trust me.

Warlock!

Gotta trust him.... He told me i wouldn't go blind drinking bounce, and I didn't. ;)

Steve

Steve99
06-08-04, 04:56 PM
Gotta trust him.... He told me i wouldn't go blind drinking bounce, and I didn't.

You haven't yet. :)

jcollins28
06-08-04, 06:08 PM
Hornish has driven Mid-Ohio as well - just not in a ChampCar. In fact, for a very long time his website listed Mid-Ohio as his favorite racetrack. (It looks like the site was redone when he signed with Penske, and "Favorite Racetrack" was removed from his personal profile.)

Hmm hey JoeBob sounds like you know a little to much info about the Sammy, have anything you want to come out of the closet about?...lol :p

Napoleon
06-09-04, 08:34 AM

Are you sure of that or are you confusing him with Jacque Lazier who had MO listed as hs favorate.