PDA

View Full Version : Petals Around the Rose

racer2c
06-07-04, 02:06 PM
Ok all of you closet and actual rocket scientists. Break out your algorithm calculators and solve Petals Around the Rose.

Play the Game (http://personal.baker.edu/web2/cdavis09/roses.html#instructions)

And some further related reading. (http://personal.baker.edu/web2/cdavis09/roses.html#instructions)

Turn7
06-07-04, 02:48 PM
:cool:

Took me a while but, I got it figured out.

racer2c
06-07-04, 02:56 PM
The good doctor claims that the more intelligent you are, the longer it takes you to solve this little puzzle. That would explain why I had to have it explained to me. To which I replied, "that's stupid". :gomer:

Whew, I was adding sides I couldn't see and dividing by the number of visible dots multiplied by the sum and dividing again by 2.

I hate puzzles. :flame:

Turn7
06-07-04, 03:07 PM
Yup. I kept saying, "4?" To get four they would of had to of added the first three then subtracted the last two and divide by the the number of doubles. Ok, I'll try that on the next one. Confidently I would say, "8" and check it find out that the answer was "0". :confused:

WTF? :saywhat:

Then I started thinking about the name of the game and it took about another 50 rolls and I was on to something. :thumbup:

And then I got it figured out and I did exactly as you and said, "that's dumb". :rofl:

Warlock!
06-07-04, 03:35 PM
Well then, I must be a frickin' genious. I don't have the slightest clue after 20 attempts, and now I'm so pissed off about I don't wanna know.

Warlock!

Wheel-Nut
06-07-04, 03:38 PM
I just put 4 in the box and it comes up right every time!

JoeBob
06-07-04, 04:04 PM
Great hint there, T7. I'd be playing this stupid thing for weeks without it.

indyfan31
06-07-04, 07:31 PM
Well that's got to be the worst instructions to any game I've ever seen. What freakin' petals around what freakin' rose???? I can't even figure out the object of the game. :mad:

devilmaster
06-07-04, 07:40 PM
With the hints from you guys that it was stupidly simple, I got it pretty much within 5 tries.

The hint is in the title.

Steve

chop456
06-08-04, 02:31 AM
Well, I'm apparently just as stupid as I'd suspected.

I figured it out on the second roll, thanks to the hint.

rosawendel
06-08-04, 08:10 AM
it's a better visual if you use the word "sunflower" or "daisy" instead of "rose", i think...

indyfan31
06-08-04, 09:41 AM
it's a better visual if you use the word "sunflower" or "daisy" instead of "rose", i think...

Ohhhhhhh, I get it! That was dumb, both me and the game.