PDA

View Full Version : Once again....

Wally
06-06-04, 10:56 PM
The best racing of the weekend was in MotoGP........awesome dicing until the rains showed-up. AMA Superbike as well......great to see Miguel come through the field and win. :thumbup:

RacinM3
06-06-04, 11:44 PM
I though the SPED World Challenge races from LRP were pretty good, too.

RichK
06-07-04, 12:01 PM
Some excellent motorcycle racing this weekend! :thumbup:

cartmanoz
06-07-04, 01:39 PM
MotoGP, in fact motorcycling in general, continues to provide the best racing in the world. The dicing between Sete, Rossi and Biaggi before the rain was tense, while the dicing after the rain showed that these fella's are the best in the world - how no-one came off with half the track soaking wet is beyond me. And rain proved to be a great leveller, with guys like Xaus, Bayliss and Byrne mixing it with the top guys on uncompetitive machinery.

oddlycalm
06-07-04, 02:39 PM
Both the motorcycle events (as usual) and the SPEED GT and Touring car races offered outstanding displays of racing. Both show how close racing can be when aero devices have not castrated the action.

In addition MotoGP is the last place where we can see a top level series with insanely powerful vehicles, without traction control, and that are capable of spinning their rear tires at will at virtually any speed and in any gear. :thumbup:

Contrast that to the action in Miwaukee where anytime a car had the air taken off the front wing it went up into the gray followed shortly by the wall. Corner speeds well up into the 150mph range are certainly impressive on a nearly flat track, but when the drivers can't race each other, what's the point? I enjoyed watching Milwaukee, but I also remember what it was like when there was more than a single racing line and drivers could actually race each other and demonstrate their skill instead of tiptoeing around the track trying to avoid running within 100ft. of another car.

oc

Chaos
06-07-04, 04:21 PM
i still get a kick out of the fact that they gotta break so hard in some corners that the rear tire gets off the track...

and of course, stuff like this:

http://www.hondaracingcentre.co.uk/twowheels/motogp/img/030903-01.jpg

Robstar
06-07-04, 08:16 PM
The dicing between Sete, Rossi and Biaggi before the rain was tense, while the dicing after the rain showed that these fella's are the best in the world - how no-one came off with half the track soaking wet is beyond me. And rain proved to be a great leveller, with guys like Xaus, Bayliss and Byrne mixing it with the top guys on uncompetitive machinery.

Couldn't agree more... :thumbup: It was great watching Troy Bayliss after the restart, but I knew Rossi (& others) would get him... :(

lone_groover
06-07-04, 08:24 PM
F'real!

:thumbup: