PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations BMEP & Fitti!!!

CARTNUT
06-05-04, 07:34 PM
Well, it's official! In a brief but beautiful ceremony at 1:00pm today inside the media center, the Reverend Hunter Floyd of ChampCar Ministries married Rob and Maria, better known as BMEP & FittiFan! They immediately left the track and went back to their hotel... Just kidding. The Happy Couple were given the key to their very own golf cart by Billy Kamphausen and proceeded to make their way through the ChampCar paddock for "a few" photo opps! (Trust me, it was way more than anyone would have expected, but they deserve it! :D ) All those in attendance wished them well as they start their new life together. :thumbup:

(We're all going back to watch a race or something now, pictures of the day to follow in the next few days!)

'NUT :gomer:

Adder
06-05-04, 07:46 PM
Superb, give my congrats to the happy couple, I had my own good news and will be graduating first class from my degree course!
:thumbup:

Anteater
06-05-04, 07:57 PM
Wedding thread is here (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4661.) :)

devilmaster
06-05-04, 09:03 PM
Spoiler: Race is being shown live in Canada.

BMEP and Fitti were shown in the opening trailer for the show....

Congrats guys! Ya looked good as the pace truck pulled away :)

Steve

RaceCat
06-06-04, 12:02 AM
Spoiler: Race is being shown live in Canada.

BMEP and Fitti were shown in the opening trailer for the show....

Congrats guys! Ya looked good as the pace truck pulled away :)

Steve

Oh wow cool. I'll have to go check my tape, I missed the opening tonight.

(I posted my congrats in the other thread!) :D

RaceCat

EDIT:
Ok, I checked my Tape! Maria, my friend, you looked just beautiful!!! How totally cool! I'm so happy for you both!

Peg

BMEP
06-06-04, 03:10 AM
First and foremost, we want to say thanks to the CARTNUT family (Larry & Jeri)!!! We couldn't have done it without you guys!!! We owe you to be sure.

And, thanks to the many, many nice people that we met today and to all those that we've met on this forum (and other forums). After all, that IS how Maria and I met in the first place! :) :) :)

We had an incredible day -- and, as a matter of fact, we were seeking no fanfare, made no attempt to get media involved, etc., etc., etc. Much to our surprise, things changed very quickly after we arrived. Billy Kamphausen went the extra mile (250 miles, I think) to take care of us.

Without going on and on, we'd both like to share a few of the wonderful things that happened to us today.

First up - we just found this one: (okay, so the hats look better on the drivers) http://www.champcarworldseries.com/PhotoPopup.asp?ID=7755&DisplaySize=BY800

BMEP
06-06-04, 03:23 AM
Hey, no hats!

http://www.lowpriority.com/images/married_in_milwaukee.jpg

BMEP
06-06-04, 03:28 AM
aaanyway, too late, too much to post - we'll catch up later.

Suffice to say, we had a great time - especially thanks to our families, the CARTNUTS, Rev. Hunter Floyd, Billy Kamphausen, other friends on the forum and everybody we met today!!!

THANK YOU!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

devilmaster
06-06-04, 11:31 AM
And, thanks to the many, many nice people that we met today and to all those that we've met on this forum (and other forums). After all, that IS how Maria and I met in the first place!

Meeting others from the forums....... Both of ya are cheatin' already, huh? ;) :D

We had an incredible day -- and, as a matter of fact, we were seeking no fanfare, made no attempt to get media involved, etc., etc., etc. Much to our surprise, things changed very quickly after we arrived. Billy Kamphausen went the extra mile (250 miles, I think) to take care of us.

Without going on and on, we'd both like to share a few of the wonderful things that happened to us today.

Ummm.... its your wedding night and yer posting at 3 am....... I wouldn't advise you going on and on........ well, on the internet that is. ;)

Steve

rabbit
06-06-04, 06:11 PM
http://www.lowpriority.com/images/married_in_milwaukee.jpg
What a great lookin' couple! :)

Ah, young love. :thumbup:

FRANKY
06-06-04, 07:17 PM

I'm a softy, it brings a tear to my eye.

Hot Rod Otis
06-06-04, 07:47 PM
:thumbup: Congrats :thumbup:

racer2c
06-06-04, 09:56 PM
I thought that was the coolest! When my wife and I sat down to watch the race and I saw you guys I yelled out "hey! They're fellow OC'ers!".
Congrats! What a beautiful bride. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Paintergeek
06-06-04, 10:28 PM
Wow! I didnt realise that was some insiders! I saw that clip, but I was happier seeing the Pace Truck I painted on TV! I wasnt even looking at the couple, I was watching the truck go by! DOH!

Rob
06-07-04, 01:41 AM
It was great to see you two on TV. I wish I could have been there, but it was nice to have Spike bring you into my living room. Congrats! :thumbup:

Jag_Warrior
06-07-04, 01:50 AM
I'll have to go back and watch my tape again. Congratulations! :thumbup:

oddlycalm
06-07-04, 05:34 AM
Congratulations, I figured it must be you folks when it came on the screen. :thumbup:

Audi_A4
06-07-04, 02:53 PM
hey why wasnt Tony George invitied to the wedding ... hehe... congrats

lone_groover
06-07-04, 08:06 PM
boo hoo...........

I always cry at weddings!

Congratz, kidz!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:)

sundaydriver2
06-07-04, 10:43 PM
Congrats! I saw you guys on the opening of the race.

Hope you taped it.

Fitti Fan
06-08-04, 11:34 AM
I have to say, this was truly my dream wedding. Never did we expect all the grand things that came to us that day.

First of all, to the CARTNUTs, Larry and Jeri. We couldn't have done it without you!!!! They were our extra ten sets of hands. I have no idea how Jeri carried so much stuff!!! She was taking pictures with at least three cameras sometimes. Larry handled the video which turned out awesome. (Will get you guys a copy very soon!) Thanks so much my California racefriends!!!! xoxoxox

Thanks to our family who were able to attend. We covered Connecticut to California. And there were some folks there that also appeared to have extra sets of hands, ran to get water when I thought I'd pass out from the heat on the podium, and helped out in ways I can't even express. Love you guys!!!

Thanks to Hunter Floyd. What a beautiful and precious ceremony that Rob and I will always keep in our hearts. Hunter made it all possible in the first place.

Thanks to Billy Kamphausen. He truly is THE MAN!!!! Thanks to Billy, we had podium pictures with RHR, start/finish pictures, (OH MY GOD!), his golf cart to use all day (those shoes did hurt eventually), we carried around the checkered flag all day, and BMEP got to wave a green flag while we stood at the front of the grid and the words "gentlemen start your engines" were heard. Billy, we love Champcar too buddy!!!! Thank you so much. I'll be sure to wear proper race attire next time!

Linda Lou and Woodeye, finally we got to meet. These guys rock!!!! Rob and I went on the ride of our lives. I'd be lying if I didn't say that that was one scary, awesome, exhilirating pace car ride!!!! Sliding in the corners, maaaaaan.

All the pit and paddock workers. You guys were all so sweet. Thanks for the help getting my dress into the pacecar!!!! The security folks too, thanks Frank!!!!!

Linda and her husband from Champcar ministries. Thanks for helping us all day. We appreciated that you helped keep us organized. You guys are sweethearts, and I expect to see you again!!!! Also, the couples that we met through you, those guys were the sweetest. I feel like we're now in the "married by Hunter Floyd Club."

Of course the Milwaukee Mile for everything they did. All the workers were great.

And of course, Champcar--thank you for letting us experience the most special day of our lives with the best open-wheel racing series there is. All your employees were great, the drivers were wonderful, Billy was awesome and damn, Paul Newman had his arm around me.

I know I'm forgetting some people: Good to see you again Mark. Thanks for the freebies from the folks in the infield. Good to see all the Turn 3 folks. Glad to have met you finally Steve!!!! (Warlock????? is there really a Warlock???????) Nicole and Jen, good to see you.

I do also need to say thanks Wickerbill, once again, if it hadn't been for your photo page, we wouldn't be the happiest married couple right now!!!! We have to meet sometime my friend!!!

Fitti Fan
06-08-04, 10:43 PM
Wow! I didnt realise that was some insiders! I saw that clip, but I was happier seeing the Pace Truck I painted on TV! I wasnt even looking at the couple, I was watching the truck go by! DOH!

Don't worry PG, if I were you, I would have been doing the same thing. Have always loved hearing about and seeing the cars you've done!

Maria

manic mechanic
06-09-04, 01:53 AM
...and to think, I had a feeling that this would happen the last time we all were together at Fontana ;)

Heartiest congrats to you, Rob and Mar. I had to "bribe" a bartender in Vegas to see the telecast, but was absolutely overjoyed when you made the intro footage.

I know nothing can top the "big day", but I'm still hoping the Cal reception can be done at Seca...I may have a trick up my sleeve for the two of you. :D

Keep me posted as to your "travel plans", OK?

manic

BTW, you two picked a good date to "tie the knot": You are only 10 years and 363 days behind me and Mrs. Manic. We celebrated our 11th anniversary on Monday..in Vegas.