PDA

View Full Version : GF Says, "No effing way."

SurfaceUnits
06-05-04, 07:58 AM
* Contrary to published reports, do not look for Adrian Fernandez to make a one-off return to the Champ Car World Series at the Mexico City race on Nov. 7. Obviously still bearing a bit of a grudge against Fernandez for jumping to the Indy Racing League just a month before the start of the 2004 Champ Car season opener, Forsythe said, "Nobody in the world has enough money to make that (Fernandez Racing in Mexico City) happen. :rofl:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/11384/

These guys mean business!!!!

KLang
06-05-04, 08:13 AM
Nobody in the world has enough money to make that (Fernandez Racing in Mexico City) happen.

I guess that settles that. :rofl:

fourrunner
06-05-04, 10:01 AM
What a refreshing breath of fresh air Jerry Forsythe is...

The Three Amigo's are all blunt & to the point .... I would love to be a fly on the wall at one of there meetings - but Gentilozzi would probably swat me live out of mid air and eat me, then display that grin he has afterward! :thumbup:

RTKar
06-05-04, 10:41 AM
We needed that attitude in 96...make ONE offer for reconciliation ....and move on. Things probably would have been so much better for CART than constantly making offers to tg, giving the impression that our series wasn't as good without ims.

racer2c
06-05-04, 10:59 AM
The end. Thank you Gerry! :thumbup:

Insomniac
06-05-04, 12:20 PM
Must be a reverse engine lease so to speak. The Coswoth will cost AF more Yen than Honda gave him. :)

sundaydriver2
06-05-04, 03:55 PM
Gotta love GF!

FAF. He's a loser.

Madmaxfan2
06-06-04, 06:32 PM
We needed that attitude in 96...make ONE offer for reconciliation ....and move on. Things probably would have been so much better for CART than constantly making offers to tg, giving the impression that our series wasn't as good without ims.

Iwould wait for the whole summer before that reconcilation offer is made by the three amigios. Let's test Roger Penske's words with deeds first. They should be more desperate, like, lets say late January of next year. Of course have the super secret round of negotiations, in which the three amigios control the agenda.

RTKar
06-06-04, 07:58 PM
Iwould wait for the whole summer before that reconcilation offer is made by the three amigios. Let's test Roger Penske's words with deeds first. They should be more desperate, like, lets say late January of next year. Of course have the super secret round of negotiations, in which the three amigios control the agenda.

I was actually thinking of back a few years, when CART was in a better position, but since you mentioned it, that postion could reappear in a couple years.

Andrew Longman
06-07-04, 09:15 AM
AF didn't seem to be missed in Monterrey. The fans turned out and cheered their other Mexican drivers.

What's to be gained by allowing AF to drive in Mexico City except to promote AF and help his IRL backing sponsors?

cart7
06-07-04, 09:34 AM
Good for GF!! If the Amigo's can hold this together for another year or two, things may begin coming to them. :cool:

Michaelhatesfans
06-07-04, 11:04 AM
Choke on your yen, Adrian.