PDA

View Full Version : Woo Doggie Games

Napoleon
02-06-03, 05:23 PM
For those veterans of all 4 get togethers we have had in Columbus know that sometimes we have had some games (BTW how many of us have been to all 4?). For example putting the name of each driver on separate pieces of paper and throwing them in a hat and it’s a dollar a name with either winner take all or some variation (first out gets a buck back or 2nd place gets some payment).

Would anybody be up for anything like that and if so what? To the extent anything needs to be put together ahead of time I can do it.

mello
02-06-03, 06:42 PM
Sounds great to me but how are we going to do it if we have more people that want to get in than we have drivers?

Warlock!
02-06-03, 10:48 PM
I'm in. And Lizz, I'm not putting up your money this time... The last time I did that you walked away with 180 of what shoulda been mine ;)!

We could always make it $10 per driver to stiffen the competition...

Winter Warlock!

Napoleon
02-07-03, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by mello
Sounds great to me but how are we going to do it if we have more people that want to get in than we have drivers?

We can have 2 seperate games so everyone can participate, or have one game where 2 of every drivers name is in the hat (so you can end up with 2 winners). The question will be do you only have the game if every name is bought, or do you allow less then all to be sold and whoever has the driver, among those drawn, who finishes highest wins.

I think we have always done it by drawing names, but we can also draw numbers and then each person picks their driver in order of number.

Twisty Bits
02-08-03, 02:49 PM
Whatever you come up with, I'm in. Even if I win $50 US, I'm sure I'll make it the Windsor newspaper. That's about $150 000 Canadian dollars

Napoleon
02-15-03, 08:50 AM
Ok, we are going to run the game this way.

$10 to get in. We need a minimum of 19 to run it, but if we get at least 28 participants we will run allow for the possibility that any one driver can be picked twice. If we get more then 19 but less then 28 only the first 19 will participate. Most that can participate is 38. I will not accept one person buying more then one entry until we get our first 19. All the above numbers subject to adjustment based on actual number of cars to start.

Once the participants are locked in (no later then 12:55 Buckeye State time) each will draw a number from a hat and everyone will pick their driver starting with whoever draws the lowest number, etc.

Prizes will be as follows:

First out - $10 for each winner. If two cars out on same lap as part of the same incident or at the same corner then go back to standings on last lap, or grid, as the case maybe, and the lead car will be considered the first out. It will be irrebutably presumed that a car going out on the earlier corner is first out (i.e. a car off on T1 will trump a car off on T2, regardless of real time). If a car limps back to the pits it will be considered to have finished that lap regardless of how C^RT scores it.

First to pit - $10 for each winner. Someone not participating (if practical) will be chosen to make this determination. First to pit means first car to cross the white line which perpendicularly crosses the entrance to pit lane, NOT the first car to come to a stop in their pit box (the car that wins first out does not qualify to win first to pit).

First driver to shake a fist, whip the bird at another driver or get completely in the face of another driver - $10 for each winner. (the car that wins first out does not qualify to win this prize). The same independent party (if practical) will be the judge of this. If no one wins this prize it will go to the car actually running at the end that finishes last of the runners.

3rd finisher - $10 for each winner

2nd Finisher(s) 1/3 of remaining prize money, rounded to an amount no less then $.25 (if more then one winner this will be split).

1st Finisher (s) 2/3 of the remaining prize money rounded to an amount no less then $.25 (if more then one winner this will be split).

The podium positions will be determined based on the un-official results given on Speed at the end of the race without regards to any post race disqualifications or appeals. I am the commissioner and it is in my sole discretion to revise any rule on the fly or make any other determination.

Any suggestions for changes please feel free to make them.

WickerBill
02-15-03, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Napoleon

If two cars out on same lap as part of the same incident or at the same corner then go back to standings on last lap

e pass me under da yellow!

rocket
02-15-03, 10:52 AM
Geeez Napolean, almost as confusing as my divorce agreement...I'm in, $10 is kind of piddly though, maybe $20 instead?:thumbup:

mello
02-15-03, 11:27 AM
Ok I am in and Flywheel is in. Sounds great to me.

Napoleon
02-15-03, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by rocket
$10 is kind of piddly though, maybe $20 instead?:thumbup:

If most people want to that would be OK with me, although I assume we will end up getting around 25 to 30 people to participate which will leave something like 8 to 13 tickets unsold, which could be sold to people who want to wager $20.

Warlock!
02-15-03, 01:27 PM
As long as someone tells me if I win or lose (don't screw me over just because my eyes are all glassy... eventually I'll figure it out!), I'll toss in $20. $10 is fine if that's all people wanna go, though.

Winter Warlock!

Napoleon
02-22-03, 11:15 AM
Just a reminder. I think we will stick with $10 to enter.

rocket
02-24-03, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
Just a reminder. I think we will stick with $10 to enter.

We changed it to $20, and Lizzerd walked away with it...after buying a round for everyone in attendance.:thumbup:

Kick *** finally made Veteran status :D

RaceChic
02-24-03, 11:03 PM
I Think I fractured my liver............. :cry: