PDA

View Full Version : texans may finally be getting it

CART T. Katz
06-04-04, 01:41 PM
(this is a direct copy and paste from another forum i participate in)

Dear Listener,

Thank you for your recent response to Texas Motor
Speedway. We are aware that you may have experienced difficulty in
trying to purchase tickets online. We apologize for any inconvenience and would like to make you an exclusive offer. By responding to this email through the link below you are eligible for two (2) free ticket vouchers for the upcoming Bombardier 500k Indy Racing League IndyCar Series race on Saturday, June 12th. Just follow the link below, fill out the information and we will leave your vouchers at the Will Call window in the main ticket office starting nextTuesday June 8th. Thank you for your interest in Texas Motor Speedway and please contact us if you have any questions :

LINK:
http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/promo/freeoffer_a.asp

Texas Motor Speedway
Ticket Office
817-215-8500

now considering the "show" that they put on there, why would they be offering free tickets to the bombardier (indy) 500? reading that, i get the feeling that they ran out of seats.

so why then offer up more for free? :confused:

CHAMPCARS4EVER
06-04-04, 01:59 PM
You're kidding, right? TMS and the IRL have to give away the tickets just to get a respectable sized crowd for the TV cameras. No one will pay...so just let everyone in for free.

Thanks for fixing everything Toney...

Chaos
06-04-04, 02:13 PM
i'd probably go if i lived there...it's in my price range :p

FCYTravis
06-04-04, 02:24 PM
Yup. This is for real. Toney Gorge is fixing open-wheel racing again by letting everyone come in the "races" for free. THANKS TONEY!

:gomer:

scanman
06-04-04, 02:30 PM
Yah, check out "the other" forum...funny as hell....:D

I might just check out crack forum for the best stuff.. :rofl:

KLang
06-04-04, 02:32 PM
Yah, check out "the other" forum...funny as hell....:D

I might just check out crack forum for the best stuff.. :rofl:

Wilke's replys are priceless. :laugh: Wonder when Hooter will weigh in?

FCYTravis
06-04-04, 02:33 PM
TF had the best stuff.

Jim Wilke immediately claimed it was a hacked-up Web site put up by a gang of thugs from Crapwagon.

:saywhat:

Yes, he claimed that.

Until hdolan called up TMS and they said "Yep. Sure, we're giving away free tickets to anyone." Hdolan, being a TMS season ticket buyer, was predictably not pleased. Hilarity ensues.

scanman
06-04-04, 02:35 PM
Who writes this stuff ??? :rofl: :rofl:

FCYTravis
06-04-04, 02:38 PM
You just can't make this stuff up. It's pure comedy gold without even trying!

:D

KLang
06-04-04, 02:48 PM
Shoot, they locked the thread up allready. :thumdown: Probably disappear soon.

Don Quixote
06-04-04, 02:52 PM
Wilke's replys are priceless. :laugh: Wonder when Hooter will weigh in?

Best example of the band playing as the Titanic disappears beneath the sea! :laugh:

G.
06-04-04, 02:53 PM
Should we all get free tix, then no show? Would that give them some xtra aluminum for TV?

Chiphead_Dave
06-04-04, 02:54 PM
I got my 2

My name is Fred T. George (FTG for short)
and I live in Dallas.

Not really :rofl:

If anyone wants them ask and I will give you the address I used.

I may just watch the race so I can look at the empty seats and say to myself look at what one little mutant engineer can do.

scanman
06-04-04, 03:00 PM
G....check out the other forum...it's 7gr.lite... :p

They are doing their best....I think I will I just have to get

a name that fitz.... :D

scanman
06-04-04, 03:02 PM
Ben Dover got tikies...... :rofl:

racer2c
06-04-04, 03:04 PM
I'll go to the Richmond race if they'll give me freebies. Free racing! Thanks Tony!

IlliniRacer
06-04-04, 03:09 PM
Wilke's replys are priceless. :laugh:

But....but....Its only 50 free tickets they are giving away. Wilkie said so. It must be true.

IlliniRacer
06-04-04, 03:10 PM
75,000 is just a number

G.
06-04-04, 03:13 PM
Connie Lingus here for my tix, please. :gomer:

KLang
06-04-04, 03:15 PM
Thread moved to the bit bucket. Now they will pretend it never happened. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Turn7
06-04-04, 03:16 PM
33 is just a number

its just another race

its just another 11% loss year over year in ratings and

its just another car

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/media/images/articles/IRLI30.jpg

Don Quixote
06-04-04, 03:23 PM
its just another car

Note that its driving in the slow lane! :rofl:

Chiphead_Dave
06-04-04, 03:42 PM
If Sara Fisher wants some tickets there are 2 waiting in her name. Hopefully it will be the last time she gets around a race car.

By the way the e-mail address I gave for her
was.

big_booty@hotmail.com

Methanolandbrats
06-04-04, 03:47 PM
Bernie Ecclestone has seats.

scanman
06-04-04, 04:01 PM
Thank's guy's.....great Friday afternoon.... :thumbup:

Too effin funny...now I know why they are called "Gomers" :rofl:

TroyM1
06-04-04, 04:04 PM
Amazing behavior by the bootlickers over there. Funny how the forum mod is trying to spin that one. Funny also how what they hear is different from what Howard was told by TMS. :laugh:

racer2c
06-04-04, 04:33 PM
Amazing behavior by the bootlickers over there. Funny how the forum mod is trying to spin that one. Funny also how what they hear is different from what Howard was told by TMS. :laugh:

They're grasping at straws. Very reminiscent of how us CART guys were before they died.

Racewriter
06-04-04, 05:15 PM
I just signed up for my tikkys.

Of course, I'm not gonna go...

Interestingly, it does not appear that the freebies cover the Craftsman Truck race.

Rob
06-04-04, 05:42 PM
Aw damn, now I get a 404 when I try to access that page.

IlliniRacer
06-04-04, 05:57 PM
Move along folks, shows over. :cry:

When the mods start jumping up and down with their ears covered, you know the end is near.

G.
06-04-04, 06:04 PM
G....check out the other forum...it's 7gr.lite... :p

They are doing their best....I think I will I just have to get

a name that fitz.... :DDamn you scanman! I just wasted an hour of my life over at trackforum! :flame: I am tempted to mail you a carton of smokes to make up for it! :p

(I rarely lurk there, but I caught a couple of threads that really show what you all talk about as far as Wilke an Defender. Effin hilarious!)

Steve99
06-04-04, 06:48 PM
Man, they are in a state of denial.

Interesting how all negative threads get moved to the Biz forum, even one's about DNFisher. And that forum is the hardest one to get to.

Turn7
06-05-04, 06:07 AM
I find it very interesting that the lead lemming admits that Indy gives away a lot of tickets as well.

scanman
06-05-04, 07:08 AM
Damn you scanman! I just wasted an hour of my life over at trackforum! :flame: I am tempted to mail you a carton of smokes to make up for it! :p
I quit smokin about 14 years ago, but my beer consumption went up
proportionaly, I was a 2 pk. a day guy so you know what that means.. :D
Have them drop the beer off at the water tower at the north end of
Gravenhurst in Muskoka,I just came up this morning...
I can just walk across Muskoka Beach Rd. and pick it up.Molson's or some Sleeman's Clear will be fine... :D

Ankf00
06-05-04, 12:47 PM
it gives me page not found :(

and I wanted to watch those dart looking things drone around in circles too!!!!!

Chief
06-06-04, 09:43 AM
They're still giving them away, just under different conditions. There's so many holes in that dike who could stop the the rush of fans? A revolution in motorsports marketing!! FREE, everything is FREEE!!! They are doomed.

pchall
06-06-04, 12:21 PM
They're still giving them away, just under different conditions. There's so many holes in that dike who could stop the the rush of fans? A revolution in motorsports marketing!! FREE, everything is FREEE!!! They are doomed.

Here's the current freebie link:

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/promo/default.asp?station=kscs

JT265
06-06-04, 01:35 PM
Here's the current freebie link:

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/promo/default.asp?station=kscs

This is all your fault PC. In fact that tbyars goober that used to snipe 7G as much as said so on GooberForum. In fact, he went as far as to alledge that "Eddie" and Co. are so mad at you that they ain't gonna give up LVMS. :D

What a collection of knobs.

EVL29
06-06-04, 02:48 PM
I followed that TMS link and gave my info for free tickets. It said they'd be sent to me. :confused: ...for what? Just filling out a webform? I didn't even have to be a smoker!! :rofl: This is what the crackforum gomers are thankful for? :shakehead

Tony got visions :gomer:

oddlycalm
06-07-04, 03:03 PM
What a collection of knobs.

Yeah, the dialogue got kinda strained over this on QuackForum. Quite entertaining. :D

I hadn't been over there for a while, but I see that the no-life eunuchs have maintained their little flat earth society with feverish devotion. :gomer:

oc

RichK
06-07-04, 03:05 PM
The ONLY thing good about watching ALL US open wheel/formula car racing swirl down the toilet is reading TF for the humor.

cart7
06-07-04, 03:40 PM
I've ordered 2 sets!! :thumbup: Doods I'm headed for Texas for the big showdown!!!! :cool: :gomer: