PDA

View Full Version : St Pete?

Andrew Longman
06-04-04, 12:49 PM
What are the chances of Champcar going back to St Pete? My understanding is that it was taken off because the bankrupcy hearings finished so late.

It was a fabulous course. I loved that little left/right combo just before hitting the runway.

Now the IRL is talking about it. Was too much ill will created to make it likely that Champcar will return?

racer2c
06-04-04, 01:13 PM
What are the chances of Champcar going back to St Pete? My understanding is that it was taken off because the bankrupcy hearings finished so late.

It was a fabulous course. I loved that little left/right combo just before hitting the runway.

Now the IRL is talking about it. Was too much ill will created to make it likely that Champcar will return?

I don't know about ill will, but the hurdle was some ahole promoter (that Tony had gotten to) that blocked the proceedings in court. The Mayor wanted CCWS but his hands were tied. I'll see if can dig up the article.

KLang
06-04-04, 02:24 PM
There has been a rumor floating around that St. Pete might show up as one of the fall TBA's. I hope not, I'd rather they kept it in the spring/late winter.

Insomniac
06-04-04, 04:21 PM
There has been a rumor floating around that St. Pete might show up as one of the fall TBA's. I hope not, I'd rather they kept it in the spring/late winter.

No, it's too early! :)

Steve99
06-04-04, 05:01 PM
That was a great street course, but the original promoter was taking OWRS to court because TG was whispering in his ear. Hopefully his legal rights run out after this year.

Here is one story. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/racing/02/25/bc.car.cart.st.petersbu.ap/)