PDA

View Full Version : WTF... Might as well start this thread early...

Warlock!
12-29-02, 04:31 PM
Who's gonna be at Woo Doggies on Feb 23rd for the CART Kickoff? Now that I know exactly where it is, I'll buy a shot of... (what is the shot of choice in St Pete?)... I'll buy a shot of somethin for the 1st 10 drinkers who reply to this thread!

It's a deal at twice the price!

Winter Warlock!

RaceGrrl
12-29-02, 06:20 PM
Can you have an after the race party party? Richard and I will be watching this race at home, but might venture out for some post race celebrating.

Warlock!
12-30-02, 07:50 AM
Considering I didn't get back to the hotel room til 12:30 or so, I'd hope the party would still be goin strong for a while after the race...

Winter Warlock!

Napoleon
12-30-02, 07:52 AM
I will reply then. do they serve very expensive wine in shot glasses?

Turn7
12-30-02, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Warlock!
Who's gonna be at Woo Doggies on Feb 23rd for the CART Kickoff? Now that I know exactly where it is, I'll buy a shot of... (what is the shot of choice in St Pete?)... I'll buy a shot of somethin for the 1st 10 drinkers who reply to this thread!

Winter Warlock!

The local shot of choice in St. Pete is Geritol. However, Takillya (taquila) always works when in doubt.

pchall
12-30-02, 03:04 PM
Mmmmmm.... tequila I don't pay for?

I'm there!

And this time I'm packing my MicroSizerâ„¢!

mapguy
12-30-02, 03:41 PM
Well, it'll take me ~8 hours and 22 minutes to get from my place to Woo Doggies. If my work situation improves I might just make an attempt.

devilmaster
12-31-02, 02:40 PM
I should be there......

And I think, possibly this time I'm staying overnight.... that way I can drink.....

Steve

Lizzerd
01-01-03, 05:48 AM
Oh heck yes I'm there. My birthday will commence at midnight, and there darn well better be some crazies still standing to help me celebrate!

mello
01-01-03, 10:27 AM
We are planning on being there. No shots for me though, I had a hard enough time making it to work after the last gathering.

Cam
01-01-03, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
Oh heck yes I'm there. My birthday will commence at midnight, and there darn well better be some crazies still standing to help me celebrate!

Geez! Do I have to play Taxi again?!!?:p

rocket
01-01-03, 11:57 AM
I'm trying to make this, just need someone to post directions. There are hotels nearby I hope.

devilmaster
01-01-03, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Cam

I always thought you looked like Latka.... :D

Steve

DjDrOmusic
01-01-03, 01:39 PM
:) Hey everyone!!

Thanks to Nappy I found out about your forum, and here's the info about the gathering at Woo Doggies. First, Woo Doggies is located off the Hilliard exit of I-70 in west Columbus, in the Westpointe Plaza, next to the movie theater and facing Wal-Mart. There will be a post race party, and yes I'm bringing my sound system and lighting, so you can all "shake your booties"! Several hotels are nearby as well as restaurants for breakfast. Tom, who is one of the owners, has put Labatts Blue on tap for our Canadian friends, and they have just hired a new chef and the food, which was really good before, is even better now! I've contacted Team Rahal about give aways again, and I'm doing some spy work in Reynoldsburg, so if we get a team "moving up" to the CWS, I'll try to get some of their stuff as well.
If any of you have any ideas or need any info, just drop me an Email.
See you in February!! :cool:

Napoleon
01-01-03, 02:04 PM
Dr. O, everyone feels much more comfortable with you in charge of party plans since, well, you know if Warlock is in charge he is liable to drink all the beer before we get there

DjDrOmusic
01-01-03, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
Dr. O, everyone feels much more comfortable with you in charge of party plans since, well, you know if Warlock is in charge he is liable to drink all the beer before we get there

I feel much more comfortable knowing that you feel much more comfortable!!;)

I've notified the Anheuser-Busch Brewery to put on an extra shift just for Warlock!!:D

Railbird
01-01-03, 11:26 PM
Game day decision on whether I attend or not, more than likely I will.

However, I've helped put these deals together before.

We need someone to alert CART headquarters about the party. Give me a "contact" addy and I'll do it myself.

PR "contact" email addys for the Indy based teams might be a good place to start trolling for give-aways.

The "local" tracks (RA, MO, Milwaukee and Cleveland) might be good marks for some free tickets or promotional stuff.

Bang on Pook's underlings for an off season pre-party press release. Most of these folks are sitting around hoping for some sign of tangible fan support this time of the year.

I'll pick up and deliver the swag or make arrangements to assure others will.

email me at JRG_51@hotmail.com for help or ideas.

Twisty Bits
01-02-03, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Warlock!

Winter Warlock!

BOUNCE???
:cool:

devilmaster
01-02-03, 03:25 PM
To the good DrDJ, Bird, or whomever talks to CART, tracks and other teams:

Just want to remind that when you talk about the meet, don't forget to mention that people are showing up from Indy, Canada and across the state of OH, just to help entice some more goodies, or to let them know there is a definite fanbase willing to drive to hang out and watch the race on the big screen.

And to those guys setting it up, once again, you're working too hard, and I (along with others I'm sure) thank you for going to all this trouble.

Steve

DjDrOmusic
01-02-03, 03:36 PM
Well you can use my Email address if you want to Bird, I did send an announcement about the November meeting to CART but got no reply. Team Rahal came through though with some stuff, and I will contact Cleveland and Mid-Ohio, great idea!! :)

DjDrOmusic
01-02-03, 03:50 PM
OK OK Quit yelling!! ;)

I just got off the phone with CART...They will call back on Monday to discuss our get together...:D

Railbird
01-02-03, 03:55 PM
email them some pics from the last gathering and explain that while we look like just any garden variety drunks, we actually represent the international fan base...;)

DjDrOmusic
01-02-03, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
email them some pics from the last gathering and explain that while we look like just any garden variety drunks, we actually represent the international fan base...;)

We don't want to scare them!! Maybe I'll just send the audio of everyone singing "na,na,hey,hey goodbye" to Mikey!:D

Or the famous "PATREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK" call!!

Twisty Bits
01-03-03, 04:34 AM
Who was that walking megaphone anyway? Someone otta teach him some manners.

Hardpoint
01-03-03, 10:48 AM
Warlock, I know I'm not one of the first ten, but i could really go for one of those jello-shot margaritas from Mid-Ohio.

JT265
01-18-03, 12:05 AM
WARLOCK!

Have some of the juice ready on the Wednesday before the race. That way, I could be tempted to pick some up on the way to St. Pete. :cool:

rocket
01-18-03, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by GoBuckeyes
Warlock, I know I'm not one of the first ten, but i could really go for one of those jello-shot margaritas from Mid-Ohio.

Hey, do I get one of those? I want one... I need one... :D

Warlock!
01-18-03, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by JT265
WARLOCK!

Have some of the juice ready on the Wednesday before the race. That way, I could be tempted to pick some up on the way to St. Pete. :cool:
If you're drivin' down (?!?!), swing down I-75 and I'll meet ya in Bowling Green... it's where I pick up most of my "juice". Maybe we could split a bottle ;)

And Rocket, I think they were just mini-marg shots. About 1 - 1 1/2 oz of teq, spritzed with about an ounce of marg mix. Bout a half-dozen of those makes a good base for a forgettable evening.

Winter Warlock!

RaceChic
01-19-03, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Cam

Don't forget the two Canadian girls from Toronto, Ontario, Canada!!!:rofl:

Warlock!
12-11-07, 05:03 PM
Now as the years roll on
Each time we hear our favorite song
The memories come along
Older times we're missing