PDA

View Full Version : TSN poll, merger if TG gone.

audi quattro
06-04-04, 11:33 AM
Go vote and tell them how a merger would be acceptable.
So far 72% voting only if FTG is out of the picture entirely.

TedN
06-04-04, 12:32 PM
I am curious as to what TSN will do with the poll results. Is this just a poll for the sake of a poll, or will they pass the numbers on to CCWS, Molson?

Ted

GOFAST1
06-04-04, 12:48 PM
F^&*& merger and f#&*tg period.

datachicane
06-04-04, 01:37 PM
How anyone could extrapolate a merger from Penske's screed is beyond me.
Must be wishful mobthink.

Read between the lines, folks- in one sentence he talks about the need for one series, and in the next he predicts more Champcar teams defecting.
One series + more defections does not equal merger, it equals annihilation.
Just as he said, he'll be working for the next few months to, and I quote: "...see one group, not two, racing Indy cars again". Penske's about to pull some strings to wound OWRS, not to heal wounds.

devilmaster
06-04-04, 03:29 PM
Lets keep it going guys, we've been watching this poll for a few days now...

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4618

Steve

pkvracing12
06-04-04, 10:24 PM
First of all Penske is one of the creators of CART, and I dont understand why he would wound champcar and help Tony George out. The whole basis of this IRL was to make racing cheaper but whats happend now champcar is cheaper to run then the IRL. Penske needs to keep his pie whole shut and all the rest of the crapwagoneers. ChampCar is still the better series fan wise even after the bankruptcy. The only reason the IRL has such a big fan base at the indy 500 is becuase its the indy 500 its one of the first races people seen in the early 1900's and to this day becuase of the history and stuff its still the greatest spectical in racing and it doesnt matter which series runs it it would sell out regardless.

Methanolandbrats
06-04-04, 10:44 PM
Merger my ass. The IRL, Indy and all the old-timers are like carp on a river bank sucking their last breath. F'em. Let em die. We're beginning a new era.

Railbird
06-04-04, 11:04 PM
it doesnt matter which series runs it it would sell out regardless

apparently it does matter.