PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull trying to buy Jaguar and Cosworth!

DjDrOmusic
06-03-04, 07:17 PM
According to a story on SPEED, if this is true what would it do to the OWRS contract?REDBULL, JAG & COSWORTH (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/11351/) :confused:

Sean O'Gorman
06-03-04, 07:30 PM
Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Red Bull? ;)

Steve99
06-03-04, 10:50 PM
What is Red Bull's reason for wanting an American F1 team. They are not an American company are they? And they already have TeamCheeber. :rofl:

SpeedTv.com:
Even if the Jaguar buyout does not happen, the drinks giant could become a major backer of the team switching its allegiance from Sauber – who it currently sponsors – to Jaguar with Red Bull-backed F3000 star Vitantonio Liuzzi and Renault test driver Franck Montagny considered possible drivers should Mark Webber leave.

So much for American drivers. :rolleyes:

dando
06-06-04, 01:08 PM
What is Red Bull's reason for wanting an American F1 team. They are not an American company are they? And they already have TeamCheeber. :rofl:

So much for American drivers. :rolleyes:
I believe Red Bull is an Austrian company (GmbH). The US is probably one of its largest markets, hence the interest in an American driver.

re: their association w/Cheeser and the foreighn drivers that were mentioned, perhaps they are still searching... ;)

-Kevin

Chaos
06-06-04, 02:47 PM
ot: i have to admit i'm slightly annoyed with myself for not coming out with a product like red bull...it's straight caffiene :) all this time, we've been messing with coffees and colas, when it was the caffiene that people wanted all along...it was staring all of us in the face :p

Rogue Leader
06-06-04, 06:01 PM
RedBull is great with Vodka!

As for buying out Cosworth from Ford, Cosworth does all Ford Racing engines except for NASCAR so I find it hard to believe theyd sell that entire arm of the company. Maybe they mean just the F1 engine shops?

oddlycalm
06-07-04, 07:16 PM
I suppose anything is possible, but I don't see Ford walking away from F1. I think Ford accepts that F1 is simply the price of selling cars in some markets. I would be absolutely stunned to see them divest themselves of Cosworth for a whole range of reasons both tangible and intangible.

I have no doubt that Red Bull is serious however. Ford would make sense as a primary target specifically because of Cosworth and the new facility with a it's own wind tunnel. North Americans are serious caffeine junkies, and I'm sure that Red Bull fancies some of those Starbucks regulars. Given the extremely low profile of F1 racing in the US, I would suggest that less expensive and easier means of marketing are available. This dude obviously just wants to go racing on his advertising budget.

oc

pchall
06-11-04, 08:22 PM
RedBull is great with Vodka!

Caffeine, plus sugar, plus vodka = wide awake drunk on the dance floor

Rogue Leader
06-12-04, 04:30 PM
Caffeine, plus sugar, plus vodka = wide awake drunk on the dance floor

Thats the best part!

oddlycalm
06-12-04, 06:30 PM
Heard it mentioned today that the Jordan team has been sold, and there will be new owners for the British GP. Perhaps Jordan was plan B for Red Bull?

oc