PDA

View Full Version : Mazzacane in at Coyne

devilmaster
06-03-04, 05:43 PM
T&S from first practice has Gaston Mazzacane in the 19 Dale Coyne car previously driven by Tarso Marques.

Steve

Wheel-Nut
06-03-04, 05:51 PM
I just saw that. If true, Dale kept that one quiet!

devilmaster
06-03-04, 05:53 PM
its official....cart.com has it

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Drivers/DriverIndex.asp?LanguageID=1

Steve

Wheel-Nut
06-03-04, 05:59 PM
I guess thats a good thing?! Bigger check than Marques? Was Tarso obligated somewhere else this weekend? Think Dale would give me a drive if I brought a big enough check? I just want to take a couple of laps around the neighborhood!!

Wabbit
06-03-04, 06:09 PM
I saw him testing on Thursday at Putnum Park in the AMR car, and another driver in the Yoke.tv car. Anyone know who the other driver was?

devilmaster
06-03-04, 06:12 PM
I saw him testing on Thursday at Putnum Park in the AMR car, and another driver in the Yoke.tv car. Anyone know who the other driver was?

Dunno bout the practice, but Oriol is in the 11 car now according to T&S.

Steve

Chaos
06-03-04, 06:12 PM
at least we can say that Coyne hasnt changed the way he does business since OWRS took over :p

Turn7
06-03-04, 06:16 PM
Yes, Coyne takes checks but, only for Champ Car. He has better scruples than the Yen-ho's.

He at least deserves a :thumbup: for that.

Steve99
06-03-04, 06:45 PM
What's Mazzacane's background? Any oval experience?

devilmaster
06-03-04, 06:49 PM

Ex f1 driver (ride buyer) with Minardi, Prost

http://www.geocities.com/geocitiesdude2/mazzacane.html

Steve

Steve99
06-03-04, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the link.

The last we have heard of what Mazzacane is up to is the IRL, where he completed his rookie test in October at Kentucky Speedway for Sam Schmidt Motorsports, topping 217 mph. "He had never been on an oval, period," said his team owner Sam Schmidt "After his first few laps, he came in and was just in awe because of the speeds."

Well, I guess he got some oval experience. He ran a lot of laps (77) today also.

Wolverine
06-04-04, 07:57 AM
Was Tarso obligated somewhere else this weekend?

Humus B. Kiddenme

jonovision_man
06-04-04, 10:29 AM
I just saw that. If true, Dale kept that one quiet!

He's probably embarrassed as all hell.

Mazzacane stinks, one of the worst pay-drives in F1 history.

:thumdown:

Lola_B70
06-04-04, 12:22 PM
Well....i am excited about the change! It's a chance to see if this Minardi pilot has the right stuff for Champcar. Fresh blood. Tarso is definitely entertaining but in the wrong way.
You never know, the chemistry may work and Coyne will be closer to the front. GO Coyne!

jonovision_man
06-04-04, 12:54 PM
Well....i am excited about the change! It's a chance to see if this Minardi pilot has the right stuff for Champcar. Fresh blood. Tarso is definitely entertaining but in the wrong way.
You never know, the chemistry may work and Coyne will be closer to the front. GO Coyne!

Mazzacane needs more than chemistry to make a car go fast... what he lacks in talent he makes up for in having lots of money to stuff into Coyne's pockets.

Lola_B70
06-04-04, 03:22 PM
JONO', I understand your concern. I am looking at his ride as entertainment value, if something good becomes of it, fine.
If Gaston does not work in well with the car and team, oh well. Different formulas work with different drivers. We'll see if your knowledge of his skill is as you say....
If he sucks, let it be entertaining.

Don Quixote
06-04-04, 03:26 PM
Yes, Coyne takes checks but, only for Champ Car. He has better scruples than the Yen-ho's.

He at least deserves a :thumbup: for that.

I agree. I have become a big Dale Coyne fan this year. I would love them to steal a podium position sometime this year. :thumbup:

pchall
06-04-04, 04:31 PM

Movingchicane passed his IRL rookie test last fall at Kentucky Speedway. Lapped as fast as 217.

racer2c
06-04-04, 04:40 PM
Movingchicane passed his IRL rookie test last fall at Kentucky Speedway. Lapped as fast as 217.

It sounds as if he still likes the crapwagons also. Keeping his options open I'm sure.

“It’s crazy, really crazy,” said Mazzacane. “I tested (at Kentucky) in an IRL car (owned by Sam Schmidt Racing). With the banking the IRL was faster but compared to the Champ Car it’s very different. With the Champ Car there is braking or the turns and the engine is very good. The IRL car is faster on the straight – like a missile – but this is more of a car.

Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/11362/)

Steve99
06-04-04, 05:03 PM
but this is more of a car

Sounds like he likes the Champ Car to me.

Rogue Leader
06-04-04, 06:34 PM
He's probably embarrassed as all hell.

Mazzacane stinks, one of the worst pay-drives in F1 history.

:thumdown:

Not even close... Ukyo Katayma .... or even worse Taki Inoe make Mazzacane look like Senna!

jonovision_man
06-04-04, 07:04 PM
Not even close... Ukyo Katayma .... or even worse Taki Inoe make Mazzacane look like Senna!

Yeah, but the rest of the field made Mazzacane look like Yoong... ;)

"And Mazzacane is out!"

Just looking at Forix, his best qualifying effort - 19th... in the Prost... finishing ahead of none other than the Minardi of Tarso Marques! :)

Best finish - 8th :thumbup: ... of course only 9 drivers finished the race, and there's no way he finished ahead of Alesi on merit! :)

jono

Steve99
06-04-04, 07:14 PM
... finishing ahead of none other than the Minardi of Tarso Marques! :)

:rofl: