View Full Version : "Camo Cops" Catch Speeders

JoeBob
06-03-04, 02:59 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/regional/s_196220.html

:eek:

Methanolandbrats
06-03-04, 03:06 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/regional/s_196220.html

:eek: I hope deer ticks crawl up their asses.

nrc
06-03-04, 04:51 PM
Maybe people will call start calling the police to report terrorists hiding in the bushes pointing guns at cars.

RacinM3
06-03-04, 05:25 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2004-05-27/0528rcamo-a.jpg
Your tax dollars at work. 1 guy for the gun, another with binoculars :rolleyes: , and a third doing what? Supervising? More manpower in cars down the road.....:shakehead

"We're looking for what we refer to as the standout speeders, the ones where, if they continue this type of practice, they will have a crash," he said.

Yep, must be the speed that causes crashes. When will people learn that speed is mainly a cause of crashes being WORSE, not a cause in and of itself. Whether at 30 MPH or 130 MPH, you had to do something stupid to crash the car in the first place.

dando
06-03-04, 11:09 PM
Only in PA. :shakehead

(not looking forward to the long drive across PA to NJ from OH this August)

-Kevin

4wheeldrifter
06-04-04, 07:38 AM
It's easier to sit on one's arse, aim a laser (or radar gun in this case), and say "you were speeding" than it is to catch the real causers of accidents (causers???):

1) Tailgaters.
2) Weaver in and outers (ie. choppers, like the Chin).
3) Left lane chicanes and the other lane undisciplined. (Worst offenders in my book. Cause way more accidents than they are in).
4) Folks who see fit to drive 30-40 faster than anyone else in traffic.

JMO

chop456
06-04-04, 07:43 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2004-05-27/0528rcamo-a.jpg
Your tax dollars at work. 1 guy for the gun, another with binoculars :rolleyes: , and a third doing what? Supervising?

Hopefully he's telling the other guy to get rid of those toolin' shades. :laugh:

Tall1
06-04-04, 08:00 AM
Isn't this the same group of cops that shoot radar and pictures from tractors while mowing along the interstates? And from what appears to be a disabled van? Then, mail you speed gun readout superimposed on ur picture, a ticket and an address of where to send ur money?

JLMannin
06-04-04, 08:03 AM
It's easier to sit on one's arse, aim a laser (or radar gun in this case), and say "you were speeding" than it is to catch the real causers of accidents (causers???):

1) Tailgaters.
2) Weaver in and outers (ie. choppers, like the Chin).
3) Left lane chicanes and the other lane undisciplined. (Worst offenders in my book. Cause way more accidents than they are in).
4) Folks who see fit to drive 30-40 faster than anyone else in traffic.

JMO

1. Invariably guilty of #2 and #4 as well. These are the same people who, when already running late, stop at a fast food joint and bitch about how slow it is. Why don't you leave earlier so you are not late. Also, do not stop and get something to eat when you are already late, then bitch about it..
2. See rant above. Applies here as well.
3. Calculate how much of your precious time is spent passing people on the right, and leave that many seconds earlier.
4. Tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and running up on people driving 30 to 40 mph slower are all natural concequences of feeling entitled to drive 30 to 40 mph faster than everyone else.

Aggressive drivers: take responsibility for your actions and stop bitching because I dare to inconvience you by not driving 90 mph.

JT265
06-04-04, 11:05 AM
Who wouldn't wanna get out of Pittsburgh ASAP anyway? ;)

4wheeldrifter
06-06-04, 08:09 AM
1. Invariably guilty of #2 and #4 as well. These are the same people who, when already running late, stop at a fast food joint and bitch about how slow it is. Why don't you leave earlier so you are not late. Also, do not stop and get something to eat when you are already late, then bitch about it..
2. See rant above. Applies here as well.
3. Calculate how much of your precious time is spent passing people on the right, and leave that many seconds earlier.
4. Tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and running up on people driving 30 to 40 mph slower are all natural concequences of feeling entitled to drive 30 to 40 mph faster than everyone else.

Aggressive drivers: take responsibility for your actions and stop bitching because I dare to inconvience you by not driving 90 mph.

Agree with all except #3 above, where you are quite wrong. Aggressive driving is one thing, something I no longer do since growing up some time ago. Lane discipline in this country is a joke and a cause of who knows how many accidents. From the left lane chicane to the guy flying in the right lane, we 'mericans are clueless when it comes to lane discipline. The Euro's must think we're all lunatics escaped from an asylum when they drive over here.

I don't ask much. Slower traffic stay right, Mario wannabe's stay left.

Nosuchsoul
06-09-04, 03:35 AM
I cRUISE oN tHE lEFT. mY 98 sATURN rULES aLL. nO sKILLz aLL bALLz.

Warlock!
06-09-04, 07:43 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but...

I don't ask much. Slower traffic stay right, Mario wannabe's stay left.

Especially with the damned cruise-controlled semis. As I was driving thru Indiana on my way to Milwaukee on I-80/90, there had to be at least a dozen times where I, cruising a respectable 72-75 mph, would invariably approach 2 or more much slower semis tailgating one another. As soon as I made my intentions clear that I was going to be passing them (lighting my turn signal, changing into the left lane), the c****smoker in the trailing semi would whip into the left lane in front of me to begin passing the lead semi.

Of course, the passing semi can't be inconvenienced to actually speed up, instead relying on on the momentum generated by the cruise-control for the last 100 miles. This usually led to me being stuck behind the passing semi for 1-5 minutes as traffic in the left lane backed up behind me. I was so fed up when this happened maybe the 5th or 6th time that I actually had time to get out the sharpie, find some paper,,,,,,, and draft up a signboard with 2 1/2" block letters to flash at the offending semi drivers as I was finally able to pass. It read;

"YOU'RE A F***ING D****HEAD!"

Suddenly a few of the drivers were able to get off the cruise control and speed up to tailgate me for a bit, but usually a minute or two at 80mph was enuf to get them to back off. The semi's lane-blocking really only happened in Indiana (I'm sure it woulda happened in Ohio as well, but I was only on Ohio interstates for 30 miles or so).

Anyways, back on topic, why would the cops actually need camo outfits? I know when I'm be-boppin' down the road at 70 mph+, I sure as Hell ain't lookin' in the trees for much of anything... :shakehead

Warlock!