PDA

View Full Version : Whole house water conditioning systems

JLMannin
06-03-04, 12:50 PM
I will be in the market for one soon, and I am looking for feedback on Kinetico water softeners. So far, my research indicates they have an excellent marketing program :) My impression is that they may be expensive to operate compared to conventional water softeners, and I want to know what I get for the extra cost and if it is worth it.

Thanks.

Al Czervik
06-03-04, 03:43 PM
I will be in the market for one soon, and I am looking for feedback on Kinetico water softeners. So far, my research indicates they have an excellent marketing program :) My impression is that they may be expensive to operate compared to conventional water softeners, and I want to know what I get for the extra cost and if it is worth it.

Thanks.

Operational costs should be about the same for any softener. 1 cu. ft. of softener resin removes 30,000 grains of hardness when regnerated with 15# of salt.

Make sure that what you buy is designed to take care of the water problems that you have. If your water has a "rotten egg" smell, a softener isn't gonna do squat for that (but another type of filter will). If you have iron stains on your fixtures, etc, a softener will help, but you may need an additional filter.

If you have any other questions, drop me a PM.