PDA

View Full Version : TV Alert - Canadians

TedN
06-02-04, 07:20 PM
Found this on AtlasF1 site ...

http://www.exn.ca/ontv/default.asp?ShowDate=Jun%2010%202004&TZ=0

On Thursday, June 10th Discovery Channel is airing a 3 hour look at F1. It appears that it will be from Williams F1 POV. It's airing from 8pm - 11pm. They're going to take a look at the technology, race day prep, and whether the driver or car is more important

Secret Life of Formula One

Part One
Revealing the top-secret thinking behind F1 racing, the BMW Williams team explains its inner workings; British engineers turned a neglected sport into a multi-million dollar business; highly skilled British workers are being tempted away by foreign teams.

Part Two
Formula One cars are similar to aircraft, but engineering is now lagging behind in many crucial ways; has the technology of "normal" road cars usurped that of the F1 industry in the past decade?

Part Three
Explore the long running argument about who actually wins the race - the driver or the car; discover how electronic telemetry has overtaken traditional forms of communication; is it only a matter of time before we see the Formula One driver-less car?

Jay
06-02-04, 08:57 PM
damn - that'll be tough... right during the game. I'm afraid I'll likely be watching the game.

Clown
06-03-04, 03:59 AM
VCR's haven't made it to Canada yet apparently :p

<runsfromangrycanuckswithhockeysticks>

JohnHKart
06-03-04, 06:07 AM
Does this mean it's only on in Canada or here in the US too?

John

Insomniac
06-03-04, 07:31 AM
damn - that'll be tough... right during the game. I'm afraid I'll likely be watching the game.

It is on next Thursday. The cup finals will be over by then.

Insomniac
06-03-04, 07:32 AM
Does this mean it's only on in Canada or here in the US too?

John

It's not on the US Discovery Channel Schedule.

JT265
06-06-04, 11:50 AM

Bring a pencil and some paper and mark down how many on ice passes for position there were and report back.

<Hey, you gotta start somewhere.>

Jay
06-06-04, 06:00 PM
Nah, I'm not a fan of ovals ;)...

and I misread the date...lol.

anait
06-11-04, 09:57 AM
That was cool. Watched most of it on the third runthrough.

Riverside
06-11-04, 02:35 PM
I saw it last nite, awesome show. I really loved seeing them F1 cars from the late 60's.