PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Forsythe Racing and My trip to Indiana

Wabbit
06-01-04, 12:06 PM
I should start by saying, no, I did not come here for the race. My niece was graduating high school.

Last Thursday, I had a chance to visit Forsythe Racing. :D Wow! What a shop! :eek: 3 ChampCars in the lobby along with 2 Atlantic cars. Huge shop with everythng imagineable available to the techs. :thumbup:

To see some of these cars without any bodywork or tires on them were pretty neat. And the effort the engineers go through the cars to make the race ready is incredible. I would definately recommend anyone visiting the Indy area to contact one of the race teams to see what happens behind the scenes.

To top off the day, I was informed that Dale Coyne Racing was testing a couple of drivers at Putnum Park. Best part, this was only a couple miles from my sisters house where I was staying. The guys at Putnum Park were great and let us right in to watch and take a few pictures of the test. I love the sound of turbos. Haven't been able to see a race in 5 years, and forgot how loud those things are. Later in the day, we watched the transporters drive by when the thunderstorms started to come in.

Only bad part of my trip to Indiana. Too many people assumed my Jimmy Vasser shirt was IRL related. Even the locals have no clue that there are two racing series around here. :gomer:

If someone tells me how to post pictures, I will try when I get back home later this week.

TravelGal
06-03-04, 02:12 PM
Only bad part of my trip to Indiana. Too many people assumed my Jimmy Vasser shirt was IRL related. Even the locals have no clue that there are two racing series around here. :gomer:

Siiiiiiiiiigh. Well, at least you had a chance to explain to the great unwashed that there ARE two series and they're missing the best one. Kudos on the Vasser shirt! :-)

I'm a travel nut but a picture dunce. Someone else will have to handle that part.
TravelNut aka TravelGal

sadams
06-04-04, 07:20 AM
Hell most of the braindead Hoosiers don't even know there is a series, they just follow one race!!! :gomer:

Wabbit
06-14-04, 12:56 PM
Finally had time to get this together.

http://kmdreynolds.net/movies/cart.wmv

Sorry, must have Windows Media Player to watch.

The pictures at the beginning are kinda pixeled from the conversion. I'm working on fixing that problem now. The videos at the end are of the Dale Coyne test at Putnum Park. I don't know who was driving the Yoke.tv car, if anyone knows, tell me so I can make a note of it.