PDA

View Full Version : This can't be right!

jcollins28
05-31-04, 08:00 PM
Did Scott Goodyear say that it all began for Buddy Rice once Kenny Brack decided to crash at Texas? My god this guy has got to be the worst booth guy in all of sports broadcasting history. Even if the EARL could draw a decent rating the drone of Goodyears voice would put them all to sleep. How could anyone say that he "decided" to crash? This also coming from a former driver?

Ed_Severson
05-31-04, 08:40 PM
I dunno ... I heard a guy on the radio before the race yesterday waxing eloquent about the good old days, and how the 500 used to be far more exciting than the Brickyard. He then went on to reinforce his point by reminding everyone how boring the "middle 200 laps or so" of the 2003 Brickyard were.

Chaos
05-31-04, 08:42 PM
ever get the feeling NASCAR fans think 'Rocky' was real? :p

rabbit
05-31-04, 09:07 PM
It was Arute, not Goodyear.

Which is not at all surprising.

fourrunner
05-31-04, 09:12 PM
As Long as Larry, Curly & Moe are in the Booth During the Indy 500 we have nothing to worry about! Counting the mistakes and badly reearched proclamations from those Bozo's can fill any half hour yellow the Crapwagons Deliver!

And that new guy down by the Checkered Flag Tower is like a "Human Wave Machine" Lulling you to sleep with his sonorous drone!!!

I WILL NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR ANNOUNCERS AGAIN...

Oops, I forgot we have Jenkins !! :eek:

Nevermind!!! ;)

Insomniac
05-31-04, 09:16 PM
Did Scott Goodyear say that it all began for Buddy Rice once Kenny Brack decided to crash at Texas? My god this guy has got to be the worst booth guy in all of sports broadcasting history. Even if the EARL could draw a decent rating the drone of Goodyears voice would put them all to sleep. How could anyone say that he "decided" to crash? This also coming from a former driver?

I thought I heard that too. That's a f'ed up thing to say.

fourrunner
05-31-04, 09:21 PM
Did anyone catch the pre race interview on the fly with Penske where as he's walking away he wanted to thank NBC for all there doing!!

Jervis Tetch 1
05-31-04, 11:03 PM
A friend of mine in the press center at IMS said none of the journalists there could believe Aroot said that.

After that, they all laughed and cursed at Aroot and said he just set himself back another 15 years and that it was typical Aroot.

Amanda B.'s Mom
05-31-04, 11:10 PM
I watched a little of the race, towards the end. One thing I noticed was that I couldn;t heard most of the things the announcers said, only engine noises. Bad engine noises at that ;)

rabbit
05-31-04, 11:27 PM
A friend of mine in the press center at IMS said none of the journalists there could believe Aroot said that.

After that, they all laughed and cursed at Aroot and said he just set himself back another 15 years and that it was typical Aroot.There was a lot of head shaking going on and people saying, "Did he really say what I think he just said?"
:shakehead

DaveL
05-31-04, 11:32 PM
Not only did Kenny decide to crash, but apparently Bryan Herta is the VP of Operations.

JT265
05-31-04, 11:45 PM
Not only did Kenny decide to crash, but apparently Bryan Herta is the VP of Operations.

And Larry Rice got pole.

Or Curly had the rice at lunch. :saywhat:

Rogue Leader
06-01-04, 07:59 AM

I heard that one too... I'm like "WHAT?!?!?"

When he made the Kenny Brack comment I wanted to punch him, while I'm no crapwagon fan Brack is a decent driver, and didnt decide to or deserve to be bedridden for the past year thanks to TG's vision, he was nearly mincemeat. Maybe Tony Renna decided to join the Air Force too right Assrute?? farking retard.....

4wheeldrifter
06-01-04, 08:06 AM
It was Arute, not Goodyear.

Which is not at all surprising.

Someone did say that. I thought it was Jack MyRoot too but the wife thought it Goodyear. In any event... :shakehead

4wheeldrifter
06-01-04, 08:09 AM
And Larry Rice got pole.

I heard that one too. I thought maybe Larry was his given name, Buddy a nickname. That one was ol Chrome Dome.

Or maybe he was referring to an alternative lifestyle "movie" he was, uh, watching the night before.

Sean O'Gorman
06-01-04, 10:13 AM
Its a good thing that Darren Manning didn't win, could you imagine Arute then?

"This guy wasn't even supposed to be racing this year, but got the ride when Tony Renna decided to die!"

:shakehead