PDA

View Full Version : RA test

RTKar
05-31-04, 04:43 PM
At the last minute I decided to make the hop up to RA. Passed two Rocketsports transporters on the way up. The weather wasn't ideal low 60's overcast with on and off rain coming from intermittent dark clouds being pushed by north east winds. The track was wet and empty when I arrived, however Mi-Jack had run earlier. After a lunch break the only cars I saw were Mi-Jack cars. They were running pretty gingerly in the wet conditions, eventually one went off somewhere and had to be dragged out and put on a hook. I didn't see much damage. No one went back out after the mess was cleared, as the rain and wind intensified. After waiting around a bit I decided to leave....A Bridgestone truck was arriving as I was leaving. I wonder if there was a rain tire shortage(?) for the test..Seemingly few laps were run in the time I was there with only Mi-Jack Making an appearance. Passed a NH truck heading north as I was heading back south. I was told they have the track Tuesday and Wednesday.

Road America
05-31-04, 10:06 PM
Memorial Day Weekend in Wisconsin, rain is almost guaranteed!
I went also and toughed out the wind and rain. Watched from turn 14 for a while. It was worth it to hear the turbos again :thumbup: .

Clown
06-01-04, 07:28 AM
Memorial Day Weekend in Wisconsin, rain is almost guaranteed!
****!!!!!
Not again :(

Dirty Sanchez
06-01-04, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the report. I'm glad I skipped. Weather this weekend was dreadful but hopefully that means we'll be alright for Milwaukee :thumbup:

Steve99
06-01-04, 02:32 PM
Champ Cars + RA = rain

Hope it is better in August.