05-31-04, 02:57 AM
Ok, Indy Fans. Time to fess up.

Railbird
05-31-04, 06:47 AM
fess up hell

I'm still wringing my underwear out.

Turn7
05-31-04, 09:28 AM
Watched until the rain delay. 20 laps or so?

racer2c
05-31-04, 09:33 AM
I had it on all day while I went in and out. I was making flower boxes for my wife so I would cut a few boards, go inside, go back and cut a few more, go inside. I did that pretty much through the entire broadcast. Like amny others here, I grew up watching the 500 and I have a soft spot for the race. I do think it's a shadow of it's former self.

Methanolandbrats
05-31-04, 09:47 AM
I sorta watched it. I was rooting for Blinky. Also did'nt want to chance missing the following blowups or crashes if they happened: Tiger, Mikey's fleet, Penske ***** and a few others. Nearly puked everytime Page and Pacecar compared Senna to the IRL Brasillionares or Mr. Judd and his pals to Jackie Stewart and Jim Clark. WTF is up with that psycho Jack Aroot's eyebrows?

jonovision_man
05-31-04, 09:56 AM
fess up hell

I'm still wringing my underwear out.

Heh. :)

I watched, I enjoyed, it was exciting. The fact that everyone wanted to be at the front all race in case the rain started made it pretty darn entertaining, every lap was like the last one in many respects.

Sure, it was pedal-to-the-metal, no-lifting, etc... all the standard criticisms of the IRL were still there, the hopeless Foyts at the back, etc. Even so, it was a good race.

jono

Tall1
05-31-04, 11:12 AM
ABC is really inconsistent! I was really looking forward to watching the news last evening, BUUUUUUTTTTT, NOOOOO - ABC insists on showing that race instead of interrupting coverage.. They broke away from CART, but not earl. Now, they've really urinated me off.

solpadeine
05-31-04, 11:32 AM
I had it on, mostly with no sound while playing games on my computer in the other part of the room. Turned it up now and then, but the coverage was killing me. Highlight: Arute saying that Rice took over the car when Kenny Brack DECIDED to hit the wall. Everyone's said the guys a moron...but man is he a moron. Also, ABC pulled the plug on AJs radio during the wrong pit incident just when it was getting good...

Hot Rod Otis
05-31-04, 12:27 PM
I had to work yesterday (today too), so I watched up until the rain delay, and then after they restarted till about lap 80 @ work. Went home, had a party to go to but decided to pop a tape in the VCR before I left. Watched the tape, after I watched SPEED's replay of the European GP. Not a bad race actually. Not, as some of the TF types are proclaiming "THE GREATEST 500 EVER!!!!!!!!!!!,(uhh guys, do the years 1960 & 1982 mean anything to you? :rolleyes: ) but not a bad race. I was at the '03 500 and there was virtually no passing then. The new formula made for some good racing. That move that Scheckter made was pretty wild. And no matter what, Crapwagons are still some butt-ugly races cars. :shakehead All in all, not as bad as last year, and not as bad as I was expecting, but not enough to make into a IRL fan, in fact not enuff to convince me to watch any other IRL race.

Chaos
05-31-04, 01:12 PM
i will admit i was watching a bit (more to do with the fact that nothing was really on...) it seemed though the parts that I watched there was a lot of yellows because of contact (with the walls and other cars)

oddlycalm
05-31-04, 01:20 PM
If I hadn't read the posts about it here, I wouldn't have known the race was run.

Reading the posts here was the perfect way to hear about it by the way. :D :thumbup:

oc

gjc2
05-31-04, 01:21 PM
I watched so I could root for Bruno.

Michaelhatesfans
05-31-04, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't watch that race at gunpoint.

I saw about three seconds of it when we went past the electronics section of a store that we were in. It was only on two of about 15 sets. I changed the two over to PBS. I came back an hour or so later, PBS was still on. No one cared.

Sean O'Gorman
05-31-04, 02:08 PM
I watched the race, but I started switching to the NASCAR race until it looked like rain was going to end Indy. I wanted to see Bruno win.

It was a decent race, but I still don't like the IRL.

2DB
05-31-04, 02:31 PM
We went around 9:15am and the rain began so I drove to the Flag Room, it's always dry in the Flag Room, parked the car and went in and waited for the track to dry. We sat behind the wall because I was the adult supervision for a friends son and his buddy that were in from England. At 12:30pm I walked to the beach inside turn one to take in the start and the next twenty seven dry laps, I had already sent the two boys to there seats in the South vista. It commenced to raining again, that is when the two boys showed up because the tree in the short chute blocked the big screen, so back to the Flag Room, there is always cold beverages in the Flag Room. Watched the drying process on closed circuit until they got ready to shove them off again. Most yellow shirts were keeping dry and really not looking for tickets so the closest spot was turn two vista. We, nine of us, strolled through the parking lot to the middle of the stands went up about three quarters to the top and latched on to a huge clear space. Lap 174 moisture had us all heading back to the Flag Room, what happens at the Flag Room stays at the Flag Room, to watch the milk drinking.
Junky, due to missing a week of practice, could not run in traffic and was, intentionally, off sequence for pit stops. When he got the lead he began putting .10 to .15 seconds per lap on second, that is when rain and pitting bit him. Yes we were all pulling for the 36 car. Not a bad result to 5th.

Kelvis

P.S. I did no wringing because it is always dry in the Flag Room.

Mike Kellner
05-31-04, 02:43 PM
Yea, I watched it, so I could laugh at the joke it has become. I love the way C^RT is now back in the driver's seat, and all the evils Usama al Tony founded FNS to cure are now hailed as improvements. The vision is complete. Leased, sealed Hondas power C^RT rich boys to the first 86 finishing positions.

Woo Hoo! Call the Glory Train to take me away, I have seen it all.

mk

Imagine there's no Indy, it's easy if you try.

rabbit
05-31-04, 04:22 PM
I was there because I had to be. Although, I must admit, if I had been at home I would have been watching it on TV. I'm like r2c. The race is like an old girlfriend. You feel kinda warm and fuzzy when you see her again, but not the passion that you once did. Still, you like seeing her.

And yes, even though I spent most of the day in the media center, I had to wring my briches out too.

Michaelhatesfans
05-31-04, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=rabbit]The race is like an old girlfriend. You feel kinda warm and fuzzy when you see her again, but not the passion that you once did. Still, you like seeing her.
QUOTE]

To me Indy reminds me more of the ex that I see and I think, "Hey, that's the b*tch that keyed my car, stole my credit cards, and tried it on with my brother!"

skidmarks
05-31-04, 05:05 PM
I mowed the lawn, took a dump, went to work, then I read on a Yahoo page the ****box 400+ was red flagged for rain, stopped in here to read up on some happenings. I really, really don't care anymore.

Ruben Barrios
05-31-04, 06:17 PM
I watched, I always do!

Somehow I always hope something is going to happen. This year I hoped FAF's car would break up!

Madmaxfan2
05-31-04, 06:48 PM
I watached in and out, interspersed the Coca_cola 600, the Monterary Formula Atlantic race, etc. However, the radio broadcast certainly covers stories ABC missed including the decision for Robbie Gordon to cut bait and go back to the 600.