PDA

View Full Version : TSN's dig at the IRL...

JAM26
05-30-04, 10:33 PM
"The greatest spectacle in racing...I guess it's easier to get tickets to a spectacle these days as there were lots of tickets still available ..." - TSN broadcaster.

Nice... :)

Railbird
05-30-04, 10:49 PM
I've seen s****ty weather loosen the crowd up before where you could tell the folks weren't packed in. Today for the first time I could clearly see "blocks" of open seating in the north vista.

jonovision_man
05-30-04, 11:25 PM
"The greatest spectacle in racing...I guess it's easier to get tickets to a spectacle these days as there were lots of tickets still available ..." - TSN broadcaster.

Nice... :)

Wasn't their best dig at the IRL when they cut away from the Indy 500 rain coverage just before it went green for a replay of the F1 European GP?

That's right -a replay of F1 instead of the Indy 500 live.

Jay
05-31-04, 02:35 AM
It was a better race - at least I thought so... I fell asleep watching cars go round in circles earlier, but I was wide awake at 8am for the F1 race :D.

TedN
05-31-04, 09:28 AM
Wasn't their best dig at the IRL when they cut away from the Indy 500 rain coverage just before it went green for a replay of the F1 European GP?

That's right -a replay of F1 instead of the Indy 500 live.

TSN had scheduled to show the F1 replay. The Indy 500 was on ABC which we all get on basic cable and it wasn't simulcast on TSN.

No big deal.

Ted

Chaos
05-31-04, 01:13 PM
it worked out well for me since i didnt catch it in the morning.

jonovision_man
05-31-04, 02:23 PM
it worked out well for me since i didnt catch it in the morning.

F1 was definately the better race of the two... at least the first half.

Just showed how low on the radar screens IRL is in Canada, the Indy 500 can't bump a re-run of F1.

Sure, you could watch it on ABC, but the point is that TSN made a ratings call - wait for rain to clear at Indy, or show the re-run.

jono