Don Quixote
05-30-04, 09:02 PM
Not bad, only 50 miles behind!

Insomniac
05-30-04, 10:59 PM
There are legacy teams left? ;)

Madmaxfan2
05-31-04, 06:58 PM
Foyt is only original team left from 96. Several efforts have merged, Menard-Kelly, PDM-Hemlegarn, etc. Kelly and Panther got started in 97 I think.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-31-04, 11:08 PM
I would add Ray's Access team in there as they were founded by a card-carrying member of the I*L.

Not to worry, Ray's performance has pretty much shut down the doors on that backmarker and I think it's safe to say he'll be out the rest of the year. Also, Kelley is looking to sell the team and get out saying he can't compete with the big boys hot cash injections. The Kelley story I got from two sources ON the team. Sorry, I can't name names.

PDM is done for the year and Buhl's team will be on life support once the season ends. A.J.'s? Do you call that a team?

Panther will be hurting once Pennzoil goes away in a year or two.

Life is good eh Tony?

Ziggy
05-31-04, 11:41 PM
Come on guys. Honda and Toyota sponsor all the real teams. Every Chevy team is on the brink of extinction. The Kelly rumors, I have heard the same story's, maybe from the same guys!

Food for thought. Honda had a display on Georgetown Road. Sort of what they used to have in CART, except they had no racing give away stuff. On display was however, a new truck.....................

yoooowwwwwssssssaaaaaaa

Ziggy