PDA

View Full Version : Junky just dinna have the speed today.

audi quattro
05-30-04, 07:32 PM
With the shortened race, junky was in the lead near the end. But he lost 4 places in the green condition fueling rotation. If the race had gone the distance, he would have lost even more on one more fuel fill. But had he been able to keep pace with buddy, he should have been in the top three at least. But good try.

Ed_Severson
05-30-04, 09:14 PM
There was a race today? :saywhat:

Spicoli
05-30-04, 10:14 PM
Blinkus Maximus. :)

RaceGrrl
05-30-04, 11:11 PM
Was there a rebroadcast of a ChampCar race?

pchall
05-30-04, 11:38 PM
I had two long naps today. Must have been oval races someplace...

Railbird
05-30-04, 11:57 PM
Bruno did a nice job.

Now on to Milwaukee.

Brickman
06-01-04, 04:15 AM
With the shortened race, junky was in the lead near the end. But he lost 4 places in the green condition fueling rotation. If the race had gone the distance, he would have lost even more on one more fuel fill. But had he been able to keep pace with buddy, he should have been in the top three at least. But good try.

Just rolled in so I have yet to figure out where he lost all the time. He was far ahead, pitted first in rotation and then when the others pitted he was far behind. Not sorry I picked him to win, just curious what happened.

Insomniac
06-01-04, 08:04 AM
Just rolled in so I have yet to figure out where he lost all the time. He was far ahead, pitted first in rotation and then when the others pitted he was far behind. Not sorry I picked him to win, just curious what happened.

Same old story. He came in early, the other guys stayed out and ran fast laps uintil they came in while he was on cold tires and a heavier fuel load. I think he could've caught them before he had to pit. But, that was the problem. For him to win, he needed the race to end before his last stop.

Thundersnow
06-01-04, 09:59 PM
Bruno got himself off sequence, and the yellows didn't fall right for him.

He pitted around lap 110, when the caution came out for the Manning/Ray/whoever crash, but most of the leaders stayed out.

Those leaders pitted under the yellow at lap 130ish, and Bruno stayed out and took the lead. I think NHR was counting on the leaders needing 2 more stops, because Bruno also needed 2 more at that point.

Bruno pitted under green, and the other leaders also had to pit under green about 20 laps later, and in the process Bruno ended up 5th or 6th by the time the rain came. I forget where he was running before the Manning crash, so I couldn't tell ya if it helped.

Brickman
06-02-04, 01:24 AM
Bruno got himself off sequence, and the yellows didn't fall right for him.

He pitted around lap 110, when the caution came out for the Manning/Ray/whoever crash, but most of the leaders stayed out.

Those leaders pitted under the yellow at lap 130ish, and Bruno stayed out and took the lead. I think NHR was counting on the leaders needing 2 more stops, because Bruno also needed 2 more at that point.

Bruno pitted under green, and the other leaders also had to pit under green about 20 laps later, and in the process Bruno ended up 5th or 6th by the time the rain came. I forget where he was running before the Manning crash, so I couldn't tell ya if it helped.

I always liked McGee as a strategist, although I think a Bruno win would have been hollow on Sunday, it would have been a McGee win in my book.

http://www.newmanhaas.com/releases/05_30_2004_indy500_results.html