PDA

View Full Version : Another year, another Wanker

Mike Kellner
05-30-04, 07:20 PM
Once again, an IRL 500 winner defaces the Borg Warner Trophy.

Tragedy becomes farce.

Thanks a lot Tony.

mk

sundaydriver2
05-30-04, 07:25 PM
Yep, I'd rather watch a knitting show on PBS than the Crapwagon 497.

DaveL
05-30-04, 07:32 PM
Rice, in and of himself, isn't a wanker. I respect what he did in Atlantics and he should have been in CART but he got rooked.

However, when you run with skunks you're gonna stink. I have no respect for IRL era winners. It's just another IRL race.

Peter Venkman
05-30-04, 07:54 PM
The one thing that my son Pete got out of it, is that he and his buddies know they can run at the front of any IRL "show".

Sean O'Gorman
05-30-04, 08:15 PM
Rice, in and of himself, isn't a wanker. I respect what he did in Atlantics and he should have been in CART but he got rooked.

Agreed. The Rice bashing is a little excessive, hes a decent driver and had everything going for him today.

But really, who cares? I'd be more excited for him if he actually won in a healthy open wheel series instead of one of the two dying, watered down ones we have now.

And what was with the cars being able to drive all over the track like they were? It didn't seem right that you could be four wide running all the way to the wall on the front straight and still be able to make the corner. I guess at least you could tell they weren't flat out while doing this, so the cars weren't that dumbed down, but something makes me wonder if these were even easier to drive than last year.

racer2c
05-30-04, 09:07 PM
They (being IMS) have created quite a watered down version of the 500. So much talent on the track, so little racing. I thought today was an embarrassment. I stuck through the entire fiasco also.

Ankf00
05-30-04, 09:10 PM
This is rich, Rice won an IRL race so now he's a wanker :rofl:

Railbird
05-30-04, 09:24 PM
Congrats to Buddy, nice job in a pretty nasty race.

rasberries to whoever decided that aero package was worth a damn.

Seadog
05-30-04, 09:24 PM
I agree, I'm happy for Buddy. Rahal doesn't deserve him.

RTKar
05-30-04, 11:05 PM
However, when you run with skunks you're gonna stink. I have no respect for IRL era winners. It's just another IRL race.

Have to agree and the final yellow came when pit strategy was playing out. Bruno moved from 18th to 5th as the others pitted. Don't know if he could have run the distance but my guess is another 20 laps and there could very well have been a different winner...not that it really matters, this race was a crap shoot.

Fio1
05-30-04, 11:13 PM
If someone told me ten years ago that Buddy Rice would win Indy in 10 years, i think i'd be laughing for a week straight........ :shakehead

Buddy Rice won the Indy 500!?! :eek: That's unbelievable...... :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, he drove a heck of a race. And, no one can take that away from him. But man, this proves that any yo-yo can still win in the right IRL car. Buddy Lazier proved this in 96, Budd Rice proved it can still happen today....

Oh, I bet you Michael Andretti comes back next year as a driver.

DaveL
05-30-04, 11:41 PM
And when all is said and done, Buddy Rice will be as well known to the American sport fan public as a backup quarterback playing in NFL Europe.

Hot Rod Otis
05-30-04, 11:56 PM
And when all is said and done, Buddy Rice will be as well known to the American sport fan public as ........Buddy Lazier.

fourrunner
05-31-04, 12:05 AM
Congratulations Buddy Rice, a very capable & deserving Driver... Just wish you could have Won the Race AS a Race !

But a Pox on the House of the Traitorous, Backstabbing, ScumBag Owner, Mr. Potato Head ....

Crappy Race though ... Total waste of a month!

DaveL
05-31-04, 12:08 AM
And when all is said and done, Buddy Rice will be as well known to the American sport fan public as ........Buddy Lazier.

Exactly Otis :gomer:

fourrunner
05-31-04, 12:15 AM
My Biggest thrill of the day was watching the look on Michael Andretti's face when even though he had 4 entries in the Indy 500, he could only muster second, third, & fourth

Michael you gotta face it ... Indy hates you ... if you owned 32 Cars ... the 33rd car would come in first!! ;)

Hink
05-31-04, 07:20 AM

You just don't know what Indy meant.

That or it doesn't matter what it meant anymore.

Insomniac
05-31-04, 09:13 AM
And when all is said and done, Buddy Rice will be as well known to the American sport fan public as a backup quarterback playing in NFL Europe.

I think they're known better. Jake Delhomme? ;)

Insomniac
05-31-04, 09:16 AM
Have to agree and the final yellow came when pit strategy was playing out. Bruno moved from 18th to 5th as the others pitted. Don't know if he could have run the distance but my guess is another 20 laps and there could very well have been a different winner...not that it really matters, this race was a crap shoot.

I think for Bruno to win, they needed it to go green for a few laps and back to yellow and end. Of course, knowing that, they would've let them go around under yellow until he had to pit and then called it or just called it before they went back to green. ;) But green to the end, he had no chance.