PDA

View Full Version : Soul Patch kid pulls the Borg Warner

Spicoli
05-30-04, 07:11 PM
Woohoooo....

I'll bet all the ladies are gonna be PSYCHED to meet up with this idiot.

DaveL
05-30-04, 07:24 PM
And Sarah lived up to her billing by being DFL among cars that didn't have on track problems. Marty Freakin' Roth was turning laps as fast or faster than her. Robby Mcheeheee who had essentially no practice finished ahead of her after she had all of that testing.

She's just that bad.

Peter Venkman
05-30-04, 07:56 PM
"I'll bet all the ladies are gonna be PSYCHED to meet up with this idiot."

Buddy is a nice kid, and he can drive like hell.

It's a shame he had to show it in an IRL "show", but he had that field covered.

RichK
05-30-04, 08:23 PM

Well said.

Chaos
05-30-04, 08:36 PM
it'll be interesting to see if he gets a full-time ride out of this, or if he gets 'Buddy'ed

Don Quixote
05-30-04, 08:56 PM
What a shock. Rahole gets the hot honda and wins at indy months after pulling the fast exit from the series formerly managed by him. I didn't see this one coming. :gomer: But really, how great is it that Andretti gets shut down yet again? Next year maybe there will be enough yen for him to enter 6 cars. I commend ABC for the great acting job in pretending that nothing is wrong. Oscar winning effort!

racer2c
05-30-04, 09:04 PM
I realized something today while watching the 500...I can't stand Micheal Andretti.

Seadog
05-30-04, 09:17 PM
I really despise the IRL, but I am kind of pleased that Buddy won and not stupid Adrian. I always try to leave the drivers out of the politics because they are pawns who drive where they can (and if they can get paid that's good too) but since Adrian also falls into the "owner" category then he just as big of a Benedict Arnold as Rahal.

Dr. Corkski
05-30-04, 09:50 PM

It's a shame he had to show it in an IRL "show", but he had that field covered.That about sums it up.

Spicoli
05-30-04, 09:54 PM
Sorry guys. He's an idiot. That's my opinion.

Sam's too. ;)

Amanda B.'s Mom
05-30-04, 10:44 PM
Unfortunately Buddy was a graduate of a ladder system that did not provide opportunities for the champion of the series one step below CART. A good portion of the problem was a lack of sponsorship money for American drivers. Buddy had proved he could drive a Champ Car, but he could not get personal sponsors to back him.

Buddy would have rather been driving a Champ Car, but there were no opportunities available for him there, so he had to go elsewhere, and as a sub at that.

In many respects I am glad he won instead of one of the long time regulars on the IRL circuit. This just helps show what a talented driver he is compaired to those whith a ton of experience driving in circles!

Turn7
05-30-04, 10:57 PM
He proved he could drive an atlantics car and he seems to be doing a fine job in the IRL.

I just wonder if he will at least turn his hat around when posing for his picture to be placed on the borq warmer.

http://www.indyjapan.com/news/hl/img/0309/030901_01a.jpg

Michaelhatesfans
05-31-04, 12:41 AM
I realized something today while watching the 500...I can't stand Micheal Andretti.
Really? Just today? :cool:

RaceCat
05-31-04, 12:59 AM

Thank you for saying it! I'm glad someone did!

Buddy can drive! He should be showing his stuff in ChampCars.

RaceCat

RaceGrrl
05-31-04, 01:03 AM
Didn't watch. Don't care. Every Indy win since the split is meaningless.

Imagine there's no Indy. It's easy if you try. ;)

dando
05-31-04, 01:20 PM
BTW, around these parts we call them lip mullets. :)

-Kevin

rabbit
05-31-04, 04:29 PM

It's a shame he had to show it in an IRL "show", but he had that field covered.Bingo.

Madmaxfan2
05-31-04, 06:51 PM
Buddy Rice deserved to win. It's a shame he does not have a champ car ride. BTW, he beat a few Brazilians and UK types doing it. Definite Champ Car material. HE just needed a break. I wonder what Rahole will now say about his hired foreign guns.

Ziggy
05-31-04, 07:30 PM
I think he will say "good job"

both did well, and finished in the top 10. Meria would have fared better if not for a pit goof late

Ziggy

turn1
05-31-04, 10:46 PM

Hot damn he did! And I have got to admit, it was neat to see Letterman get all worked up over the win.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-31-04, 10:57 PM
I was pulling for only one man to win Indy. Bruno.

4wheeldrifter
06-01-04, 08:12 AM

Just now, huh? :laugh:

P1
06-01-04, 08:28 AM
My local fish wrap ran an article this AM touting how wonderful it was to have an American win again after all these years, with some quotes from Rawhore about same. Hey media shills - hey Mr. tater Head - we haven't forgotten who is contracted to drive that car!