PDA

View Full Version : Ratings excuses

Sean O'Gorman
05-30-04, 04:49 PM
Might as well start listing them now while theres nothing going on.

-Rain

-Broadcast partner

-NASCAR pre-race

Anything else? :D

DaveL
05-30-04, 05:03 PM
We also need to list the excuses for all of the empty seats...and I mean there are a lot of 'em.

Sean O'Gorman
05-30-04, 05:05 PM
We also need to list the excuses for all of the empty seats...and I mean there are a lot of 'em.

There were no unsold tickets, it was a sellout! The empty seats are just the fans who left during the rain delay to do the double with Robby!

Jag_Warrior
05-30-04, 05:12 PM
Sunspots blocked the feed. No sun? Uh... IRL fans are chummy. They gather in groups of 50 or 60 at one person's house and watch the race that way. The ratings are meaningless! The race hasn't lost ANY popularity!!!

You guys are watchin' that s###, huh? :laugh: Not me. I pulled out a picture of my cute cousin, tied a sheep outside the door, chilled some beer and now I'm a gonna watch this hyar NASCAR race! Yeeeeee Hawwwww! :gomer:

Couldn't find a decent ticket to this race at a price within reason - I tried. I've got an empty prepaid hotel room down in Charlotte and no reason to be there today.

pchall
05-30-04, 05:55 PM
Local weather guys breaking in for tornado warnings hundreds of miles away.

skidmarks
05-30-04, 06:00 PM
Local weather guys breaking in for tornado warnings hundreds of miles away.

Last night we had a few twisters, fuggin' weatherASS yapped and showed every radar image known to man for the entire hockey game. Missed all but the first three minutes. :saywhat:

pchall
05-30-04, 06:12 PM

So many ABC doesn't even bother to hide them!