PDA

View Full Version : I am cured

Mike Kellner
05-30-04, 02:05 PM
I no longer suffer Indy Worship Syndrome. I just listened to Gomer sing, and no tear came to my eye.

I just watched Grandma Gomer say, "starch yer injuns", and no chill went down my spine.

Frankly, the thrill is gone.

Thanks a lot, Tony.

mk

Imagine there's no Indy, it's easy of you try.

Insomniac
05-30-04, 03:31 PM
I no longer suffer Indy Worship Syndrome. I just listened to Gomer sing, and no tear came to my eye.

I just watched Grandma Gomer say, "starch yer injuns", and no chill went down my spine.

Thanks a lot, Tony.

mk

If we didn't know now, I think after looking at all the Indy threads you started we'd know. ;)

Peter Venkman
05-30-04, 03:38 PM
"starch yer injuns"

Dammit Kellner, I've laughed so hard I'm coughing my lungs out.

Tell me, was she sober?

TrueBrit
05-30-04, 03:39 PM
Gomer never did anything for me anyway..but was it my eyes or wishful thinking that Jessica Simpson's rear was wonderfully framed by a black thong?...ABC sure seemed to pull away from that shot awfully quick... :D

Peter Venkman
05-30-04, 03:42 PM
"ABC sure seemed to pull away from that shot awfully quick...."

Remember, Mickey Mouse never had any genitals....

TrueBrit
05-30-04, 03:44 PM

Thank God...but that Minnie..Oooooh what a minx...Yeah baby YEAH!!

JT265
05-30-04, 04:08 PM

Good point. But why then did he go all modest and cover himself with a towel when he climbed outta the shower? :saywhat: :D

Purple Panic
05-30-04, 10:16 PM
I got a little frisson of the old feeling when Darren Manning was in third...until he got punted by Mr. 2% Bodyfat.

But then, everybody here considers anybody stuck in the IRL to be a loser in his own right, so I'll refrain from mentioning anything further....

Jag_Warrior
05-31-04, 01:18 AM
Good point. But why then did he go all modest and cover himself with a towel when he climbed outta the shower? :saywhat: :D

Modesty or shame? I mean, the dude had no genitals! Man, they drew him with no genitals, gave him a high voice and made him wear those little white gloves. I'd say old Walt had some unspoken issues when it came to rodents. :shakehead

Racewriter
05-31-04, 03:02 PM
Seven threads started after the start of the 500, ripping it in detail.

Yeah, Mike, you're really over it.:rolleyes: Hell, you watched a lot more of it than I did.

Mike Kellner
05-31-04, 03:37 PM
As long as Tony has his hammer, I am going to continue to attack the FNS 500.

Besides, I enjoy laughing at the joke it has become.

There was a time when I lived to the month of May, Indy mattered, and we were all race fans together. One person ruined that, and those things that he stated as justification for his actions, are now are offered as proof of his success. It was just a tantrum by a spoiled rich boy, because the rich old men didn't take him seriously. He ruined the sport to prove he was important. What is worse, the rich old men rewarded him for it in the end. A pox on all of them. I hate them forever, and they will get nothing from me but snakes venom.

mk

RaceGrrl
05-31-04, 03:45 PM
A pox on all of them. I hate them forever, and they will get nothing from me but snakes venom.

He gets validation along with the venom because someone who claims to hate everything Indy has become watches this farce of a race every year, even if you watch just to make fun of it. Just my .02 worth.

FTG
05-31-04, 04:18 PM
If you watch, Tony wins.

Sean O'Gorman
05-31-04, 06:08 PM
Seven threads started after the start of the 500, ripping it in detail.

Yeah, Mike, you're really over it.:rolleyes: Hell, you watched a lot more of it than I did.

:laugh:

Spot on, RW.

"Imagine theres no Indy, its easy if you try" my ass.

Mike Kellner
05-31-04, 06:25 PM
Nobody forces anyone to read anything here. If you don't like it, don't read it. It won't bother me.

mk

Madmaxfan2
05-31-04, 06:44 PM
I can read and watch the 500. It is easy, the split is permanent. Time for Champ Car to prove it is the superior series. The IRL will fade into the woodowork. Tony may have a enough sense to pull the plug and cut the 500 way from the IRL, but I would not hold my breath.

Turbos 4 Life
05-31-04, 10:23 PM
"starch yer injuns"

Dammit Kellner, I've laughed so hard I'm coughing my lungs out.

Tell me, was she sober?
No way to tell..... she always has that crocked look on that relief map of a face of hers. She truly could make a train take a dirt road!

Andrew Longman
06-01-04, 11:08 AM

I'm with you Mike.

This was the first Indy since 1968 I missed. I went camping with my kid and 17 boyscouts in VA instead. I did set the VCR, but with the rain delays, I only saw 25 laps.

But I wasn't crushed or even disappointed.

The 500 is now a joke. The IRL is a joke. I hate TG and what he's done to my sport, but no one can deny what Indy once was. Indy was a big deal.

Champcar racing is still worth watching and I get excited about every race. I just no longer have the I500 as a part of it. I actually think the 500 now is more counterfeit than 1996. It is all so much more bankrupt, contrived, artificial and manipulated. More so, no one cares or even watches