PDA

View Full Version : Mario

Sean O'Gorman
05-30-04, 12:43 PM
:thumdown:

fourrunner
05-30-04, 12:47 PM
He goes there every year ... He seperates Indy from the IRL !!

Sean O'Gorman
05-30-04, 12:48 PM
Why don't we see or hear from him at Champ Car races? Didn't he say he thinks he'll be the last one standing on the CART side?

fourrunner
05-30-04, 01:17 PM
From what I hear ... He likes to get paid !

So unless the 3 Amigo's create a position for him, with an expense account ....

Can't blame him for wanting to be reimbursed for his expenses ....

But yeah - I wish he'd be a bit more vocal ... But he hasn't gone against Champ Car so that's encouraging!

Newtpal
05-31-04, 08:50 AM
Exactly, Mario likes to get paid. Its about time you all realize that Mario isn't the Champ Car supporter he claims to be. All last year he was getting paid for his "appearance" by CART. Now that OWRS isn't paying him he'll be gone in no time. By this time next year he'll be receiving a fat check from Tony George and badmouthing Champ Car just like the rest of them.

Railbird
05-31-04, 09:12 AM
Mario still hold Indy special, as 'runner said he sees it seperately from the IRL.

I doubt a check has anything to do with it.

Ruben Barrios
05-31-04, 10:55 AM
It's time to leave the fence, your are either with us, or against us, decide now, no matter who you are.

FanofMario
05-31-04, 11:32 AM
As 'runner' stated, Mario has always made Indy seperate from the rift. Though I'm disappointed to have not seen him at an OWRS event, you haven't heard him bad mouth OWRS. I saw him pictured with his grandson during the telecast and nothing more.

JoeBob
05-31-04, 11:44 AM
Since Michael started running the 500, Mario has gone. He won't go to any of the other IRL races.

Badger
05-31-04, 11:47 AM
Since Michael started running the 500, Mario has gone. He won't go to any of the other IRL races.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mario at an IRL race before the year is out.

Napoleon
05-31-04, 12:50 PM
an ad ran in the local paper for Firestone a week or so ago with Mario in it with an IRL car behind him. It was for something like Firestones 500 sale.

Andrew Longman
06-04-04, 10:36 AM
an ad ran in the local paper for Firestone a week or so ago with Mario in it with an IRL car behind him. It was for something like Firestones 500 sale.

The television ad Firestone was running recently was the one shot at Nazareth during Mikeys last year in CART. It was a champcar that blows by Mario and Michael as they stand on the track. Pretty cool actually.

And I WOULD be surprised to see him at any other IRL races this year.

Brickman
06-04-04, 10:43 AM
It's time to leave the fence, your are either with us, or against us, decide now, no matter who you are.

pfffft it's Mario for God's sake. If fans can go to both, Mario sure as hell can with or without getting paid.

RacinM3
06-04-04, 10:48 AM
There was an article just a few weeks ago in the LA Times (I searched but their free archives don't appear to go back more than a coupe of weeks) where Mikey was crying in the press about how Mario didn't support his IRL program and that it had caused somewhat of a rift in the family. My overriding feeling was "Good, Mikey, take it to the press, that always solves family problems, dumbass". Anyway, Mikey's direct quotes showed Mario's no fan of the IRL, whether or not a check's due from OWRS. As if Mario doesn't have enough cash to actually have principles :rolleyes: .

The Real Delaney
06-04-04, 01:20 PM
Isn't the master spaghetti bender fronting for a new driver's school that uses two-seat krapwagons?

nrc
06-04-04, 01:27 PM
We got postcards. It looked like a resurrected version of Driving 101, probably still using the same tube frame monsters.

datachicane
06-04-04, 01:40 PM
"DrivenĀ© 101"

:D

Madmaxfan2
06-04-04, 04:27 PM
From what I hear ... He likes to get paid !

So unless the 3 Amigo's create a position for him, with an expense account ....

Can't blame him for wanting to be reimbursed for his expenses ....

But yeah - I wish he'd be a bit more vocal ... But he hasn't gone against Champ Car so that's encouraging!
I have been posting this fact for years

fourrunner
06-04-04, 04:45 PM
I have been posting this fact for years

You are probably where I heard it from !! :)

We're pretty good at expecting our Heroes to work for nothing, pay for their own flights, hotels, food, then make appearances and sign autograph's for hours, then make a speech and recite a mantra of support on a daily basis so we're assured they're still with us. !

and don't dare talk to old friends, bosses, teammates, or even your son! ;)

Madmaxfan2
06-04-04, 09:16 PM
You are probably where I heard it from !! :)

We're pretty good at expecting our Heroes to work for nothing, pay for their own flights, hotels, food, then make appearances and sign autograph's for hours, then make a speech and recite a mantra of support on a daily basis so we're assured they're still with us. !

and don't dare talk to old friends, bosses, teammates, or even your son! ;)

I learned this trait of Mario's from an incident from the past. CART used to award the "Mario Andretti Award" for driver of the year of something like that. One year he did not show up at the awards banquet to present the award. Later, at a press conference, a reporter asked why Mario was a no show, and Mario responded "Not on my dime" Revealing. No money, no Mario.